PIB (30/04/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
The Vice President appreciates the work of the Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
- The Rajya Sabha Day celebrations were organized on 29 April 2019 in GMC Balayogi Auditorium, Parliament Library Building, New Delhi to mark the Rajya Sabha Day which is observed on 3rd April every year in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat. It may be recalled that the Rajya Sabha was constituted for the first time on 3rd April 1952.
- Referring to the eventful journey of the Rajya Sabha since its inception in 1952, the Vice President said, “Over the years, Rajya Sabha has emerged as a vibrant second Chamber of our Parliament, contributing to our tasks of nation building.
- Through the performance of its varied roles, the Rajya Sabha has lived up to the expectations of the Founding Fathers of our Constitution”.
Cyber Exercise on Scenario Building & Respons
- After the successful conduct of workshop on Cyber Warfare & Technology, wherein plethora of lessons emerged, Directorate of Indian Defence University is organising a two day Cyber Exercise on Scenario Building & Response on 29-30 Apr 19 at Purple Bay, Jodhpur Officers’ Hostel, New Delhi.
- This exercise is planned to be conducted on an annual basis under the aegis of Indian Defence University, which will also involve Indian agencies and subsequently participation from agencies from Friendly Foreign Countries to jointly build the capability against cyber threats.
Govt gives Contract Worth 6,300 Crore to Grsefor Building Eightanti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Crafts
- Ministry of Defence has awarded Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited contract to build eight Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Crafts for Indian Navy.
- The contract worth Rs. 6,311.32 crore was marked today by Joint Secretary and Acquisition Manager Shri Ravi Kant in the interest of Ministry of Defense and Shri S Dogra, Director , in the interest of GRSE, in New Delhi.
- The GRSE has been a pioneer warship builder of the nation having delivered the highest number of warships till date since its inception as a DPSU in 1960.
- The 100 warships worked by GRSE so far reaches from Advanced Frigates to Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvettes to Fleet Tankers, Fast Attack Crafts, and so forth with the Shipyard having numerous firsts amazingly as far as Innovation and Design.
NCMC Meeting chaired by Cabinet Secretary took stock of the preparatory measures arising out of the Cyclonic Storm ‘Fani’
- The NCMC met here today under the chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary and took stock of the situation arising out of the Cyclonic Storm ‘Fani’.
- Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal attended through Video Conference. Senior Officers from the Central Ministries/Agencies concerned additionally went to the gathering.
- During the gathering, officers of all the concerned State Governments affirmed their full readiness to manage any developing circumstance emerging out of the cyclonic tempest.
- Further, the State Governments have enough cautioned anglers not to wander into the ocean and featured that there is an occasional restriction on angling in ocean upto fourteenth June because of reproducing season.