PIB (28/12/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
MoH&UA to Organise consultative workshop with States & UTs on “Shehri Samridhi Utsav 2020”
- National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs organizes a consultative meeting in New Delhi.
- In addition, the workshop discusses the learning from the first edition of the SSU 2019 and the strategy and roadmap for the coming edition of SSU 2020.
- Also, the workshop will take up the issue of skill development of urban beneficiaries in the plumbing sector.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launches the DefExpo 2020 mobile app.
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launches the mobile app of the forthcoming DefExpo 2020, available on the Apple App Store and Android Play Store.
- Besides, the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence (MoD) develops the app with the aim to engage with the visitors as well as exhibitors.
- Consequently, Over 880 exhibitors register for the DefExpo making it the largest ever.
Three Technology Development Projects Inaugurated
- In particular,8 Centers of Excellence for Technology Development Established by the Department of Heavy Industry (DHI).
- Besides, Secretary, DHI, Dr. A.R. Sihag inaugurate three Technology Development Projects at IISc and Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI) Bengaluru.
- Meanwhile, the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises has launched a pilot scheme in November 2014 for the enhancement of competitiveness in the Indian capital goods sector.