PIB (24/08/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC
India’s President inaugurates the World’s First Youth Meeting on Kindness
- Addressing the meeting, the President, Ram Nath Kovind told that Mahatma Gandhi was not just a wonderful leader and visionary. He was also who represented certain everlasting ideals and values.
- The President told that the conflict and violence that we see in the universe today is often based in deeply-held prejudices. These make us look at the world through the binary of “us versus them”.
- The President stated that this Meeting has brought together young leaders from around the universe. He told that these youth leaders and billions of young men and women love them to have the biggest post in making our world kind.
Government to significantly enhance the regular supply of onions from its reserve stock held with NAFED
- The Section of Consumers Affairs today examined the prices of Important Commodities such as Pulses, Oilseeds and Onions with multi-stakeholders. It was done under the chairmanship of Secretary Consumer Affairs, Avinash K Srivastava.
- The committee noted the fact that import of onion is free (under Open General License). Presently there is adequate stock of onions ready in the government buffer.
- Police officers from all neighbouring States Delhi were also told to share the data that were available with them on hoarders and profiteers for more efficient between-State enforcement.
Vice-Chairman, Shri Rajiv Kumar of NITI Aayog talks on the execution of Rice Fortification Pilot Scheme
- The Vice-Chairman of Shri Rajiv Kumar NITI Aayog met the Union Minister of Public Distribution Food and Consumer Affairs, Shri Ram Vilas Paswan at Krishi Bhawan in New Delhi today.
- At the meeting, it was concluded that for efficient tackling the issues of poor nutrition in India. A roadmap will be designed out by the Section of Food and Public Distribution for the pilot scheme of Rice Fortification Pan India.
- State Government services and other stakeholders must be consulted to enhance cooperative federalism. It should be done by promoting the engagement of State Governments in the economic policy.
Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurates state-of-the-art National Food Laboratory of FSSAI
- “We must give right nourishment, yet additionally ensure that there is the serious implementation of laws. We should likewise check the recognition of guidelines to ensure that natives have healthy nourishment and be protected.”
- Dr Harsh Vardhan further stated that under the leadership of our Prime Minister several pro-poor policies and schemes have been taken up. There are also perceptible and measurable results in every sector.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan also welcomed FSSAI for taking the action to operationalize a system to accept rapid kits and tests. This approval system, a first in its history in terms of regulatory supplying, would help speed decision making by the regulatory officials.
President of India inaugurates the first-ever World Youth Conference for Kindness
- Shri Ramnath Kovind, the President of the Republic India inaugurated the first World Youth Conference on Kindness. The event was conducted at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
- UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development together with the Ministry of Human Resource Development conducted the programme.
- Impart critical competencies in youth to inspire, empower then especially by transforming themselves build peace within communities. This has been the aim of the event.
Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi to inaugurate Jaipur “Hunar Haat”, on 25th August 2019
- Handmade indigenous products specifically of master artisans and craftsmen, “Hunar Haat” has been organizing on 24th August in Jaipur. It’s been organised by Union Minority Affairs Ministry, on 25thAugust at Jawahar Kala Kendra in Jaipur.
- Shri Ashok Gehlot, Rajasthan Chief Minister coupled with Union Minority Affairs Minister Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will inaugurate the event.
- Earlier, event had been organised at Allahabad, Pragati Maidan and Baba Kharak Singh Marg in New Delhi; Puducherry and Mumbai.
Smriti Zubin Irani confers POSHAN Abhiyaan Awards
- POSHAN Abhiyaan Award Ceremony for 2018-19 held in New Delhi. The programme was organized by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD ).
- The event particularly recognized significant contributions of State Governments, District teams, Block level teams and Field Functionaries.
- During the award ceremony, nine States and three Union Territories were given 23 excellence awards. At the District Level, 53 officers of 19 districts of different States/UTs were given awards. At the Block Level, 50 officers of 24 Blocks of different States/UTs were also given awards.
MoS (PP) Dr Jitendra Singh presents ANUBHAV awards, 2019
- All India Pension Adalat has been organized by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare. The ANUBHAV Awards, 2019 and Pre-retirement counselling workshop held for the benefit of retiring employees.
- The Union Minister of State, Dr Jitendra Singh presented the ANUBHAV awards, 2019 on the occasion. This was fourth annual award in the series.
- The Anubhav portal was developed on the call of Prime Minister in 2015. Specifically, with a vision to preserve the rich experience of a retired official in digital form.