PIB (24/05/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Fire at Bhilai Steel Plant’s Tar Distillation Unit
- A fire was reported at Tar Distillation Unit of SAIL’s Bhilai Steel Plant in its Coke Ovens and Coal Chemicals (CO&CC) Department at 8.30 AM this morning. Immediately, the fire tenders were rushed to the site and the fire was controlled promptly.
- There has been no loss of life or any injury to any of the persons working in or around the site. The reason for the fire is being probed into.
- Meanwhile, there has not been any disruption in the Plant’s normal operation.
Payroll Reporting in India –Employment Perspective
- The Central Statistics Office (CSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has released the press note on Employment Outlook of the country covering the period September, 2017 to March, 2019, it depends on the authoritative records accessible with chose government organizations to survey the advancement in specific measurements. A definite note is attached.
- Since April, 2018 this Ministry has been drawing out the business related measurements in the formal division covering the period September 2017 onwards, using information on the number of subscribers who have subscribed under three major schemes, namely, the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme, the Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) Scheme and the National Pension Scheme (NPS).
- As mentioned in the earlier series, since the numbers of subscribers are from various sources, there are elements of overlap and the estimates are not additive. Detailed information is separately published on the respective organizational websites for the period September, 2017 till March, 2019. The information is based on the number of subscribers, and the tables reflect a dynamic status.
- The data in Section 2.1 includes information gender-wise, on the number of new members who have started subscribing to EPF, the number of members that have ceased their subscription and the number of members who restarted contribution during the month-having ceased subscription in the past for two sets of periods – (a) September 2017 – March 2018 and (b) April 2018 – March 2019, followed by monthly data from April 2018 onwards.