PIB (21/11/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Cabinet approves the Patent Prosecution Highway programme
- Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) programme by the Indian Patent Office (IPO) approved by the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Further, initially starts between the Japan Patent Office (JPO) and the Indian Patent Office on a pilot basis.
- Specifically, under this Pilot programme, the Indian Patent Office may receive patent applications in certain specified technical fields.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Finland for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism agreed by the Union Cabinet chaired by the PM Shri Narendra Modi.
- One of the objectives of memorandum includes establishing the basis for a cooperative relationship. Further, to encourage and promote successful bilateral cooperation in the field of tourism.
- Especially, the signing of Memorandum of Understanding with Finland is to strengthen and further develop the established relationship.
Cabinet approves the establishment of the National Institute of Sowa Rigpa (NISR) at Leh
- Government of India decides to promote the Sowa-Rigpa system of medicine by establishing a National Institute of Sowa-Rigpa (NISR).
- Besides, the traditional Medical system of the Himalayan belt in India is Sowa-Rigpa.
- Further, The objective is to establish the National Institute of Sowa-Rigpa (NISR) as an apex Institute for Sowa-Rigpa with aim of bringing a valid and useful synergy between Traditional Wisdom of Sowa-Rigpa and modern science, tools and technology.
Satellites to Assess Pollution Status
- Particularly, the Imager payload onboard ISRO’s INSAT-3D & 3DR satellites is to monitor Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD).
- A climatological study reveals that fire occurrences in Punjab and Haryana increase by 4% during 2003 and 2017.
- The model-based analysis suggests that there is a high probability of transportation of smoke aerosols towards Delhi, UP and Bihar.
National Policy for Senior Citizens’ Welfare
- For the welfare of elderly people, the National Policy on Older Persons.
- National Policy for Senior Citizens, by Ministry, incorporates issues such as financial & food security, healthcare & nutrition, safety & security, housing, welfare, etc.
- In 2017 Ministry launched Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana’ (RVY), which aids and living devices are provided free of cost to senior citizens.