PIB (21/08/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
India will not allow outside interference in its internal affairs
- The VP today clarified that the latest action taken by the Indian Government regarding Jammu and Kashmir are internal administrative matters.
- Facing media along with Latvia’s President, Shri. Naidu told that India constantly believed in peaceful relationship with all countries.
- Vice President told that there is a lot of range for development in the mutual trade between India and Latvia.
DRDO handles off model of Mobile Metallic Rampto Indian Army
- Secretariat Department of Defence R&D and DRDO Chairman, Dr G Satheesh Reddy gave the design of MMR to Lt Gen Devraj Anbu, Vice Chief of Army Staff.
- The ramp will give the critical mobility for Shielded and automated units and creations of the Army. It is modular in design and portable which can easily be assembled or disassembled.
- Devraj Anbu Lt Gen, expressed appreciation for the model of MMR and praised the efforts of DRDO. He did this to meet the needs of Army by significantly decreasing the time needed for functional mobilization.
India and Sri Lanka Coast Guards accept to enhance collaboration in solving maritime issues
- The Indian Coast Guard arranged a High-Level Meeting (HLM) with the Sri Lanka Coast Guard at Coast Guard Headquarters. From India, Coast Guard DG, K Natarajan, and Sri Lanka delegation was led by Rear Admiral Samantha Wimalathunge.
- At the time of meeting, both nations agreed to enhance co-operation in addressing a hierarchy of maritime issues concerning about the security and safety of the nations.
- Continued capability development of Sri Lanka Coast Guard by Indian Coast Guard, preparation of Sri Lanka Coast Guard personnel and communal co-operation in multi party platforms was agreed by both sides.
Shri Giriraj Singh at New Delhi considers animal husbandry growth project to be launched in Meghalaya
- Union Minister of Dairying, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry Giriraj Singh in New Delhi to discuss issues related to animal husbandry in State. The main discussion was about piggery growth project which will be launched in Meghalaya by National Cooperative Development Corporation.
- The suggested Piggery improvement plan will enhance domestic availability of flesh in the complete North Eastern Region. It must also promote its exports therefore giving livelihood chances to the people.
- It will also create consciousness among the rural people to undertake Piggery farming with enhanced breeding stock.
Dr. Harsha Vardhan composes to CM of 23 States/UTs for modifying such laws in their States
- Harsha Vardhan, Union Minister of Family Welfare and Health today composed a letter to the Union Minister of Law and Justice Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- He expressed that the National Leprosy Eradication Program (NLEP) has made gigantic progress in disease control, especially over the most recent four decades.
- Dr Harsha Vardhan further composed that “Despite the fact that the ailment is currently completely reparable, it is irritating to discover that there still exist 108 prejudicial laws against people influenced by uncleanliness including 3 Union and 105 State laws”.
National Sports Awards -2019 announced
- National Sports Awards are awarded every year to identify and reward excellence in sports. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award is awarded for the amazing and most extraordinary performance in sports over a period of 4 years.
- Looking overall best performing university in inter-university competitions is given Maulana AbulKalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy.
- Apart from a reference and a medal, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awardee will get a cash reward of Rs. 7.5 lakh. Arjuna, Dronacharya and Dhyan Chand Awardees will get cash prize of Rs. 5 lakh each, statuettes and certificates.