PIB (21/05/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
8th Indo – Myanmar Coordinated Navy Patrol
- Myanmar Navy Ship UMS King TabinShweHtee (773) and UMS Inlay (OPV-54) have arrived Port Blair on 20 May for the ‘Opening Ceremony’ of the 8th Indo-Myanmar coordinated patrol (IMCOR) at Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- The Myanmar delegation led by Commodore Htein Win, Commander, Ayeyarwady Naval Command called on Cmde Ashutosh Ridhorkar, VSM, Naval Component Commander on 20 May 2019.
- The CORPAT initiative between the two navies is meant to address issues of terrorism, illegal fishing, drug trafficking, human trafficking, poaching and other illegal activities inimical to interest of both nations.
- Started in Mar 2013, the CORPAT series has enhanced the mutual understanding and fostered improved professional interaction between the two navies for maritime interoperability.
- Myanmar ships UMS King TabinShweHtee and UMS Inlay would undertake a coordinated patrol with Indian Naval Ship Saryu from 20 – 28 May 19.
- The ships will also undertake joint manoeuvres and drills during the sea phase of coordinated patrol (CORPAT) prior ‘Closing Ceremony’ of the CORPAT onboard Myanmar Naval Ship..