PIB (20/08/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Fourth advance Evaluation of manufacture of main crops for 2018-19
- The estimation of manufacture of various crops is based on the response got from States and validated with data available from different sources.
- Entire Pulsesproduction at the 2018-19 is estimated at 23.40 million tonnes which is greater by 3.14 million tonnes. This is more than the last 5 years’ ordinary production of 20.26 million tonnes.
- Production of Cotton evaluated at 28.71 million bundles (of 170 kg each) and generation of Jute and Mesta assessed at 9.77 million bunches (of 180 kg each).
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh checks up working of IMAC and IFC-IOR
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh checked Information Management and Analysis Center (IMAC) and Information Fusion Center – Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR) at Gurugram.
- The NMDA task was released as per the vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region).
- IMAC plays out an important role in gathering shipping data, investigating traffic examples and imparting the contributions to client organizations.
INS Tarkash at Cadiz, Spain
- In continuation of the Indian Navy’s abroad arrangement to Africa, Europe and Russia, Indian Naval Ship Tarkash made a port call at Cadiz.
- The port call by INS Tarkash at Cadiz is a show of India’s warm ties with Spain and its dedication. The bind was to upgrade operational reach, oceanic security and its solidarity with inviting countries.
- Spain and India have generally appreciated warm and neighbourly relations. Various two-sided courses of action for guard co-activity and social trade exist between the two nations.
Comments called for on the Draft National Resource Efficiency Policy Released
- Organic assets form the foundation of any financial advancement in India. Our nation is one of the quickest developing economies with GDP at 2.6 trillion USD. It has expanded its material utilization to multiple times, from 1.18 billion tons (BT) in 1970 to 7 BT in 2015.
- The material utilization is counted upon to expand further to accommodate an expanding populace, fast urbanization and developing goals.
- The Draft National Resource Efficiency Policy (NREP) imagines a future with ecologically manageable and impartial financial development. It also includes asset security, sound condition (air, water and land), and reestablished biological systems with rich nature and biodiversity.
Association Home Minister establishes foundation stone of Dimasa Bhawan and Karbi Bhawan
- The Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah said that general improvement of North East area is the need of the Government. The improvement of the area has checked terrorism and brought peace in the region.
- Amit Shah told that Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given most extreme time to the individuals of North East for their establishment.
- Dr Singh said that the Prime Minister has paid in excess of 30 visits towards the North East in the last 5 years. It repeats the significance given by him towards the North East and his responsibility for its advancement.
“Government is completely dedicated to destroy Manual Scavenging”: Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Dr. Thawar Chand Gehlot, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJ&E) has expressed that the Government is completely dedicated to destroy manual rummaging. It is done through ‘The Prevention of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act, 2013’.
- The Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment added that the Government has been expanding the emphasis on mechanical cleaning. It avoids human presence into sewer and septic tanks to maximum level using current advancements.
- The day-long communication among partners is relied upon to give a far-reaching guide to guaranteeing maintainable sanitation in urban territories.