PIB (20/06/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Newly-elected Lok Sabha Speaker, Shri Om Birla Calls On the Vice President
- The newly-elected Speaker of the Lok Sabha, Shri Om Birla called on the Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu, who is also the Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, at the latter’s residence, here today.
- Congratulating Shri Birla on his election, the Vice President expressed confidence that having wide experience in public life, he would strive towards strengthening Parliamentary democracy in the country by upholding the best Parliamentary practices and traditions.
Diamond Jubilee of the Oldest Naval Air Squadron
- Indian Navy’s first Naval Air Squadron 550 celebrated its Diamond Jubilee on 17 Jun 19 at naval base Kochi.
- INAS completing 60 years of services and 550 has provided invaluable maritime support to our fleet played a key role in training the Navy’s Maritime Reconnaissance pilots.
- On the occasion of the day, the cover was released by the Postal Department to commemorate the 60th anniversary. By Assistant Superintendent of post office central region, and Senior post master Kerela at Ernakulam Head post office, Kochi on 17 Jun 2019.
Andaman & Nicobar Command joins hands for International Day of Yoga with Sadhguru
- Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) will be joining hands with Sadhguru, Founder, Isha Foundation to celebrate the International Day of Yoga.
- 20th and 21st June 2019 Yoga sessions will be conducted in various clusters on at Birchgunj, INS Utkrosh and Minnie Bay and Sadhguru will lead the yoga session on board Floating Dock of Indian Navy (FDN-2) on 21st June 2019.
- AVSM, Vice Admiral Bimal Verma, ADC, Commander-in-Chief, Navy, Air Force, Andaman and Nicobar Command along with senior officers, and Coast Guard will participate in the yoga event.
EAC-PM releases detailed analysis of the robustness of India’s GDP estimation methodology
- The Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister today released a detailed note titled ‘GDP estimation in India- Perspectives and Facts’.
- The note provides a clear rationale for India’s switch to an improved GDP estimation methodology in January 2015.
- As mentioned in EAC-PM’s press release dated 12 June 2019, the note also provides a point-to-point rebuttal to a recently published paper titled ‘India’s GDP Mis-estimation: Likelihood, Magnitudes, Mechanisms, and Implications’ by Dr.Arvind Subramanian.