PIB (19/10/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Income Tax Department conducts Search on a “wellness group” in Chennai
- Under the Income-tax Act, 1961 on 16.10.2019, the Income Tax Department conducted search action. It is in the case of a conglomerate of trusts and companies that run year-round “wellness courses” and training programmes in philosophy, spirituality, etc.
- Specifically, the group also diversified into several sectors including real estate, construction, sports, etc in India and abroad. Particularly, founded by a spiritual guru in the 1980s with “oneness” philosophy.
- Totally, about Rs, 43.9 crores found and seized by the Department at these premises.
15 Films representing 20 Countries to compete for the Golden Peacock Award
- The International Jury of 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) chaired by Mr John Bailey, Cinematographer.
- Specifically, the co-jurors are French filmmaker Mr Robin Campillo, Chinese filmmaker Mr Zhang Yang and Ms Lynne Ramsay. Furthermore, the Indian member in the International Jury is Mr Ramesh Sippy.
- In particular, the Golden Jubilee edition of International Film Festival of India has the best lot of 15 films representing 20 countries. The competition is for the coveted Golden Peacock Award. Particularly, the selection made from over 700 entries.
Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2019
- Based on the result of the written part of CAPF (ACs) Examination held on 18th August 2019, UPSC shortlisted the candidates. Further, Physical Standards Test (PST)/ Physical Efficiency Tests (PET) and Medical Standards Tests (MST) will be there for selected candidates.
- In particular, the Central Reserve Police Force will inform the candidates about the date, time & venue of the tests.
- The candidates who cleared the written examination have to register on the UPSC’s Website for DAF filling. The candidates can submit DAF form from 30/10/2019 to 13/11/2019 till 6.00 PM.
11th Nuclear Energy Conclave
- The Union Minister of State Dr Jitendra Singh for development of “North Eastern Region” inaugurates 11th Nuclear Energy Conclave.
- “Economics of Nuclear Power- Innovation towards safer & budget effective technologies” is the main motive of the program.
- The Union Minister said the government of India has diversified the applications of nuclear energy in various social fields.
Secretary Consumer Affairs holds a meeting to review price and availability situation of Onions, Tomatoes and Pulses and augmenting their supplies
- The Inter-Ministerial Committee held a meeting today under the Chairmanship of Secretary Consumer Affairs. To audit the cost and accessibility circumstance of Onions, Tomatoes and Pulses and increase supplies.
- During the meeting, conveyed that the Delhi Government dismissing a few trucks landing at Delhi. In spite of Delhi Government officials being available in Maharashtra to check the stock quality before dispatch.
- NAFED has an adequate load of Onions Also, mentioned that all stock ought to be gotten and retailed by different State Governments.
Defence of Andaman and Nicobar Islands exercise 2019
- Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) has directed the second release of Defense of Andaman and Nicobar Islands 2019 (DANX-19). Chiefly, a huge scale joint administrations practice from 14 Oct to 18 Oct 19.
- Spreading over a time of five days, segments of the Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard did preparation.Subsequently, the field moves to approve cautious plans of Headquarters ANC.
- In addition to internal forces from ANC, accretional forces from Mainland comprising ships and aircraft participating in the event. Further, Special Forces from the newly formed Armed Forces Special Operations Division.