PIB (19/06/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Restoration of ‘Rations in Kind’ for Officers of The Defence Services Posted in Peace
- Shri Rajnath Singh Raksha Mantri on 19 June 2019 announced the restoration of the ‘ration in kind’ in peace areas of defense for the officers of the three Armed Forces posted.
- The “rations in Kind’ for Armed Forces including all kinds in peace stations will be getting ration for defense post. For this impact, a lot of effort from all levels in the Defence Ministry and the Armed Forces has resulted in this restoration finally.
Gambia: NDMA discuss Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) met a 25-member delegation from the Gambia here today. From June 10-21 2019 the visit was a part of the Special Training Programme for Gambian civil servants organized by the National Centre for Good Governance, Mussoorie.
- The Programme aims to integrate cross-country experiences and best practices in field administration. It is led by the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India.
- NDMA made a presentation on the global trends in disasters, the institutional mechanism for Disaster Risk Reduction in India and the functioning of the Authority. This was followed by a detailed discussion on relevant issues.