PIB (17/08/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
4 New commodities get GI Tag
- The Environmental Indication (GI) under the Division for Promotion of Internal Trade and Industry has recently registered 4 new GIs.
- GI is sign used on commodities that have a particular geographical beginning and possess characteristics or a fame that are due to that source.
- Abishega Prasadam called Palani Panchamirtham, from Palani Town is one of the important presents in the Abisegam of Lord Dhandayuthapani Swamy. The leading deity of Arulmigu Dhandayuthapaniswamy Temple, situated in Palani Hills, Palani Town in Dindigul District of Tamil Nadu.
MCA amends rules linked to Different Voting Rights under Companies Act
- The Department of Corporate Affairs has changed the rules relating to issue of shares with Differential Voting Rights (DVRs) rules. These were under the Companies Act with goal of enabling promoters of Indian concerns to hold control of their business in their hunt for growth.
- The alternative key change brought is for the removal of the previous requirement of transferable outputs for 3 years for a business to be qualified to issue shares with Differential Voting Rights.
- The Government had stated that such Indian promoters have had to yield control of businesses which have possibilities of becoming Unicorns. It was due to the needs of raising funds through issue of capital to abroad investors.
BRICS Nations get together for Urban Ecological Administration
- The Environment Ministers of BRICS nations today, agreed to work together to address the multifaceted ecologicall issues faced by BRICS cities.
- The conversations and announcements were made at the time of 5thBRICS Minister of Environment Meeting held at Sao Paulo, Brazil. This meeting was lead by 2-days meeting of BRICS mutual Working Group on Environment.
- Union Minister of Forest, Climate Change and Environment, Shri Prakash Javadekar, welcomed the efforts of BRICS nations and confirmed India’s assistance to BRICS cooperation.
9-Day Tribals National festival “Aadi Mahotsav” for A Wonderful Start at Leh-Ladakh on 17th Aug, 2019
- The 9day event from 17th to 25th August, 2019 will be introduced by the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Shri Satya Pal Malik. It will take place at 6pm on 17th August 2019in the existence of Smt Renuka Singh, Minister for State for Tribal Affairs and Shri R. C. Meena, Chairman TRIFED.
- The main essence of the carnival is : “A celebration of the spirit of Commerce, Tribal Craft, and Culture.” TRIFED basically is to do the role of a Market Developer & Service provider.
- The tribes cover over 8% of the nation’s population. This is a very considerable number. In original terms it corresponds to around 10 crore Indians. The national product of inclusive growth (sabkavikas) includes the improvement of tribes as a main component.