PIB (17/01/2020): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
First Session of India-Norway Dialogue about Trade & Investment(DTI) held in New Delhi
- The first session of India-Norway DTI (Dialogue on Trade and Investment) was on 15th and 16 January 2020 in New Delhi.
- Besides, the DTI session was completely on ToR (Terms of Reference) signed between India and Norway on 8th January 2019.
- Consequently, The Dynamic Nature of the commercial exchange between the two countries will result in an increasing number of companies and gain access to the markets in India and Norway.
IBBI amends the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Voluntary Liquidation Process) Regulations, 2017
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has notified the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Voluntary Liquidation Process) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020
- Further, The aforesaid amendment provides that a Liquidator shall deposit the amount of unclaimed dividends.
- Also, it provides a process for a stakeholder to seek withdrawal from the Corporate Voluntary Liquidation Account.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh flags off 51st K9 VAJRA-T Gun from L&T Armoured System Complex in Gujarat
- In particular, Raksha Mantri calls for the active participation of the private sector in defense manufacturing.
- Besides, Raksha Mantri Reaffirms the Government’s commitment to make India an arms manufacturing hub and net defense exporter.
- K9 VAJRA-T’ contract awarded to the Laser and Turbo corporate by the Ministry of Defence through global competitive bidding.
World Bank and Government of India Sign $88 million loan agreement for the implementation of Assam Inland Water Transport Project
- Especially, an arrangement of $88 million is to help modernize Assam’s traveler ship area.
- The Assam Inland Water Transport Project (AIWTP) assists Assam with improving the traveler ship framework and its administrations and fortify the limit of the establishments running the inland water transport.
- Meanwhile, The loan agreement was signed by Shri Khare, on behalf of the Government of India and Mr. Junaid Kamal Ahmad, Country Director (India), World Bank on behalf of the World Bank.
Shri Amit Shah presides over signing of Historic Agreement to end the Bru-Reang Refugee Crisis
- Modi Government to give a package of around Rs. 600 crores to Tripura for the rehabilitation and all-round development of Bru-Reang Refugees: Shri Amit Shah.
- This historic agreement is in line with PM Modi’s vision for the progress of the North East and the empowerment of the people of the region.
- PM Modi initiates numerous policy-level interventions that have improved infrastructure, connectivity, economic growth, tourism and social development of the region.
Fuel conservation mega campaign of PCRA Saksham 2020 launched
- Dr. M.M Kutty launches the mega campaign of the Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA).
- Consequently, he emphasizes the importance of petroleum products for our country and the dire need for actions leading towards fuel conservation.
- Besides, Dr. M.M Kutty speaks about the importance of programs like Saksham wherein the general public is involved in various activities.
Prevention of road accidents is National priority especially under Phase-III of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana: Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- In particular, The Union Government along with the State Governments have been implementing various measures to make Indian roads safer.
- Above all, there is a need for the society at large to take cognizance of the issue and to join hands to make road safety a social movement.
- The Department of Rural Development is a key player in ensuring road safety as 70.23% of total roads in India are passing through and connecting rural India.