PIB (16/05/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
MoU Signed for Rudraksh Plantation in Ganga Basin
- A MoU was signed between National Mission for Clean Ganga, HCL Foundation and INTACH for taking up a project of ‘Plantation of Rudraksh Trees in Uttarakhand’ as a part of CSR initiative under the ‘Namami Gange’ Programme.
- While the venture goes for planting 10,000 Rudraksh trees in the catchment zone of stream Ganga in Uttarakhand in relationship with neighborhood network and different partners, it will likewise help in producing salary for individuals living in those zones.
- Shri Rajiv Ranjan Mishra, Director General, NMCG said that Namami Gange Mission goes for giving far reaching and maintainable answers for a cleaner environment along the stretch of 97 towns and 4,465 villages on the Ganga stem and a public-private partnership will provide the initiative a much-needed impetus.
Dr P. K. Mishra presents Country Statement at Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction 2019 at Geneva
- A high level Indian delegation headed by Dr P.K. Mishra, Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister is participating in the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction 2019 being held at Geneva, Switzerland from 13-17 May 2019.
- While presenting the Country Statement today, Dr Mishra briefed on the steps taken by India, after the adoption of the Sendai Framework.
- He mentioned that India is not only focusing on reducing mortality from major disasters but also from small or medium, and locally-specific disasters such as heat wave, thunderstorm and lightning.
Project ‘SPARROW-CBIC’ for online writing of APAR in SPARROW for Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Officers of CBIC implemented
- Online writing of APARs in SPARROW for IRS (C&CE) Officers has already been implemented w.e.f. 2016-17. As part of CBIC’s constant endeavor for better HR management, online writing of APARs in SPARROW has now been launched for over 46,000 Group B & C officers of CBIC, working in its various formations all across the country.
- The Project has been inaugurated by Shri P.K.Das, Chairman, CBIC today from the Board Office, North Block, New Delhi in presence of Member (Admn)-CBIC Shri A.K. Pandey, and officers of DGHRM-CBIC
- SPARROW-CBIC is one of its kind in terms of Scale/ number of employees covered as far as Central Government Departments are concerned.
Workshop on Artificial Bio Organs held in Visakhapatnam
- In request to fortify Indo-Australian Cooperation and accomplish improvement of 3D printing industry in both the nations.
- Jitendar Kumar Sharma, MD & CEO invited the delegates to experience the 3D printing facility at AMTZ, which is one of the largest 3D printing facilities in the world with diverse materials and diverse applications.
- Dr Gordon Wallace, who is associated with structure and revelation of new materials for use in vitality and wellbeing, expounded on metal 3D Printing giving important bits of knowledge on sourcing the correct material, recipe arrangement and improvement of model and commercialization of 3D Bio-Printed items.
India’s Foreign Trade: April 2019
- India’s overall exports in April2019* is estimated to be USD 44.06billion, exhibiting a positive growth of 1.34per cent over the April 2018. Overall imports in April2019* is estimated to be USD 52.83billion, exhibiting a positive growth of 4.53per cent over April 2018.
- Exports inApril 2019 were USD26.07 billion, as compared to USD25.91billion in April 2018, exhibiting a positive growth of 0.64%. In Rupee terms, exports were Rs. 1,81,021.34crore in April 2019, as compared to Rs. 1,70,052.96crore in April 2018, registering a positive growth of 6.45% .
- Imports in April 2019 were USD41.40billion which was 4.48per cent higher in dollar terms and 10.52per cent higher in Rupee terms over imports of USD39.63billion in April 2018.