PIB (16/01/2020): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
General election to the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi 2020- Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to National/State Political Parties
- Specifically, a copy of the Commission’s Order no.437/TA-LA/1/2020/Communication, dated 15th January 2020 enclosed the message.
- Regarding allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time.
- Particularly to National/state political parties in the General election to the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi 2020.
The City of Destiny Gearing Up to Host MILAN 2020
- Shri Ram Nath Kovind, the President of India addressed the 10th foundation day of the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS). Also, the seventh convocation ceremony in New Delhi on 15th January 2020.
- The President of India conveyed that there is need to establish liver transplant programs in more public hospitals. Added that ILBS can provide the necessary expertise in this regard.
- Further, the President, Shri Ram Nath Kovind urged ILBS to prepare a roadmap suggesting ways and means encourage Liver donation.
“Gaganyaan space astronauts training to start this month”: Dr Jitendra Singh
- Most likely on the 3rd week of January “Gaganyaan” space astronauts will start their training. The Union Minister of State Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr. Jitendra Singh disclosed the message.
- Also, conveyed that the training of the astronauts for India’s first human space mission will take place in Russia. In particular, for the mission, four astronauts selected for training for 11 months.
- Most importantly, India’s heaviest launch vehicle “Bahubali” GSLV Mark-III will the carry astronauts to space.
India and Finland ink MoU to enhance bilateral defence cooperation
- In order to further defense cooperation between India and Finland, Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence of Finland Mr Jukka Juusti signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- Under the MoU, the cooperation between Finnish companies and Indian Defence Public Sector Undertakings expands.
- Particularly, the MoU on co-operation in the field of Production, Procurement, Research and Development of Defense-related Equipment and Industrial cooperation signed on the sidelines of Raisina Dialogue 2020.