PIB (15/05/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
India to co-chair Consultative Group of Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery
- India is unanimously chosen as co-chair of the CG of GFDRR for the fiscal year 2020. The decision was taken during the CG meeting of GFDRR held in Geneva, Switzerland today, on the margins of the 6th Session of the GPDRR 2019.
- The CG Meeting was co-chaired by ACP Group of States, the European Union and World Bank. Additionally, GFDRR in cooperation with the UNDRR and the EU is also organizing the 4th edition of World Reconstruction Conference on May 13-14, 2019.
- GFDRR is a worldwide association that enables creating nations to all the more likely comprehend and diminish their helplessness to normal risks and environmental change.
Indian Navy will lead the First Indian Navy Entrance Test for Officers in September 2019
- The Indian Navy is presenting PC based examination for the choice of Direct Entry Officers after graduation. The first Indian Navy Entrance Test (Officers), ie. INET (Officers), is scheduled in September 2019 in various centres across the country.
- INET will be used for screening for Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission Officer contender for each former student segment other than those that are screened by UPSC or University Entry Scheme.
- Currently, officer candidates are shortlisted for interviews by Services Selection Board on the basis of marks scored in graduation.
Jaisalmer gets Ready to Host International Army Scout Masters Competition 2019
- Global Army Scout Masters Competition as a piece of International Army Games will be sorted out under the aegis of Konark Corps at Jaisalmer from 24 July to 17 August 2019.
- The occasion will observer cooperation of the Mechanized Infantry Scout Teams of eight nations including Russia who is the establishing individual from this organization of International Army Games.
- The Russian Delegation, Senior Military and Diplomatic dignitaries from participating countries visited Jaisalmer Military Station on 14 and 15 May 2019. The agents were appeared and informed on the uncommon preparing offices made at Jaisalmer and Pokhran.
Working collectively to strengthening the WTO to promote development and inclusivity
- We, the Ministers and high-level officials from Arab Republic of Egypt, Barbados, Central African Republic, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Jamaica, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, People’s Republic of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China, Republic of Benin, Republic of Chad, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Malawi, Republic of South Africa, Republic of Uganda and Sultanate of Oman met in New Delhi, on 13 and 14 May 2019.
- We reaffirm the pre-eminence of the WTO as the global forum for trade rules setting and governance.
- We note with concern the multiple challenges confronting the rules-based multilateral trading system and agree to work together with all WTO Members to strengthen the WTO, make it progressively viable and keep on staying pertinent to the various needs of its Members, in accordance with targets of the WTO.
Trainees Officer of the Indian Foreign Service Call on the President
- Officer trainees of the Indian Foreign Service (2018 batch), as well as two officer trainees from the Royal Bhutan Foreign Service, called on the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, today (May 14, 2019) at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Addressing the officer trainees, the President said that India’s role and influence in the international arena is expanding.
- The President said the international community has greater appreciation of India and its global standing. Nations are looking to us for solutions to global challenges – be it climate change, cybersecurity, humanitarian disasters or combating extremism and terrorism.