PIB (14/08/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Around 4500 villages in Punjab & Haryana stated as Zero Stubble Burning Villages
- Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) and Director General, ICAR said that India has shown through composed open and private endeavors such difficulties can be tended to adequately.
- Within one year of its usage using a measure of Rs. 500crore, the cheerful seeder/zero culturing innovation was received in 8 lakh hectares of land in the North-Western States of India.
- In this plan, awareness crusades were led by sorting out 1000s of shows, setting up hoardings, flags and divider canvases all over the States.
The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 to be holistic & stringent to protect interest of consumers
- Ram Vilas Paswan told that a gathering of previous Secretaries of the Consumer Affairs and Members of Parliament will be called. These people meet this month for discussion before forming and finalizing the rules under this Act.
- Ram Vilas stated that the thought of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) is recent and innovative and it will provide more teeth to the give relief for consumers.
- The Act also expected simple conflict determination process, has place for Mediation and e-filing of cases. The Consumer can file cases in the closest commission under the jurisdiction of which he resides.
Japanese Maritime Self Defence Ship visited Kochi
- A missile demolisher, JS Saznami of Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF), controlled by the Commander Shoji Ishkawa, is on a Friendly visit for two days to Kochi from August 13th,2019.
- While staying at Kochi, different activities like visit of IN personnel onboard JS Sazanami and official interaction between the two navies were conducted.
- The guest crew were also given a performed tour of the underwater Warfare School and the Marine Offshore Patrol Vessel, INS Sunayna.
India at the front line in Climate Change discourse at the worldwide stage
- Association Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change ,Shri Prakash Javadekar will go to clerical meeting of BRICS (Brazil,Russia,India,China and South Africa) and BASIC nations in Sao Paulo.
- Fundamental nations are coalition (geopolitical union) of four huge recently industrialized nations – Brazil, South Africa, India and China.
- Head administrator, Shri Narendra Modi, is no more a back bencher however is at the front line of natural discourse at the worldwide field.
Railway Protection Force launches “Operation Number Plates” for Vehicles
- RPF on Indian Railways launched a special drive with a code name “Operation Number Plates” for the unclaimed vehicles on the railway premises.
- The “Railway Protection force” conducted this special drive from 9th august to 11th August at 466 railway stations.
- The Unidentified vehicles considered as a threat to the security of passengers. In the view of upcoming August 15th celebrations, this special drive conducted on all the railway premises.
Watan song released by Shri Prakash Javadekar
- Watan is a patriotic song released by shri Prakash Javadekar, Produced by Doordarshan and sung by shri Javed Ali for the occasion of “Independence Day, 2019 in “New Delhi” today.
- The song is completely copyright-free as a result it can easily share in all the communication platforms.
- The song highlights the several paths breaking initiatives of the government and army including the recent successful launch of “Chandrayaan 2”.
Swachh Survekshan 2020
- Swachh Survekshan 2020 to be conducted in January 2020 launched by Shri Hardeep Singh Puri the Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Similarly to SS, Swachh Survekshan 2020 Toolkit, SBM Water Plus Protocol and Toolkit, Swachh Nagar- an integrated waste management app and AI-enabled mSBM App also launched today.
- Shri Puri said it gives us the opportunity to renew our promise for clean, Garbage Free and Sanitary “New Delhi”.
One-Time partial credit guarantee to PSBs – Union Budget
- One-Time partial credit guarantee to PSBs announced by GOI for the purchase of pooled assets of financially sound NBFCs.
- Union Minister of Financial and Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman in the Union Budget 2019-20, announced this Scheme.
- The schema would provide liquidity to NBFCs and enable them to play a role in meeting the financial requirements of productive Sectors.