PIB (14/05/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2012=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined for the Month of April 2019
- The Central Statistics Office (CSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has revised the Base Year of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) from 2010=100 to 2012=100 with impact from the arrival of records for the long stretch of January 2015.
- In this press note, the CPI (Rural, Urban, Combined) on Base 2012=100 is being released for the month of April 2019. In addition to this, Consumer Food Price Index (CFPI) for all India Rural, Urban and Combined are also being released for April 2019.
- Provisional indices for the month of April 2019 and also the final indices for March 2019 are being released with this note for all-India and for State/UTs. All-India provisional General (all-groups), Group and Sub-group level CPI and CFPI numbers for April 2019 for Rural, Urban and Combined are given in Annexure I.
DRDO Successfully Conducts Flight Test of ABHYAS
- DRDO directed effective flight trial of ABHYAS – High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) from Interim Test Range, Chandipur in Odisha The flight test was tracked by various RADARS & Electro Optic Systems and proved its performance in fully autonomous way point navigation mode.
- The configuration of ABHYAS is designed on an in-line small gas turbine engine and uses indigenously developed MEMS based navigation system for its navigation and guidance.
- The exhibition of the framework was according to reproductions completed and showed the ability of ABHYAS to meet the mission prerequisite for a savvy HEAT.
Social Science Researchers must focus on Societal Problems: Vice President
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has called upon social science researchers to come up with innovative and out-of-box solutions to address various problems confronting the world from eradicating poverty to achieving sustainable development.
- Speaking at the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), here today, the Vice President said the objective of every research outcome should be to better the lives of the people.
- Urging social science researchers to find solutions to societal problems, the Vice President he stressed the need for inclusive development, reaching the unreached and funding the unfunded.