PIB (13/07/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Piyush Goyal to address JETCO and go to India Day Conclave in UK
- On the primary day of Piyush Goyal’s visit, Commerce and Industry Minister will meet Indian diaspora and cooperate with Indian business pioneers. On 15th July, Piyush will atalk on behalf of India – UK Joint Economic Trade Committee (JETCO) meeting at London.
- India – UK Trade and Economic Relations are assessed yearly by the JETCO at the degree of Commerce and Industry Minister. So far 12 gatherings have officially taken place. The keep going gathering was hung on eleventh January, 2018 in London.
Meeting of Drug Regulators of India and China
- A workshop on administrative pharma sector, was together composed by National Medical Products Administration (NMPA, recent CFDA) and Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) to assist Indian pharmaceutical organizations on 21st June, 2019 in Shanghai, China.
- MoU on cooperation in pharmaceuticals implemented between Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India (Pharmexcil) and China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Medicines and Health Products (CCCMPHIE) in August 2018.
Halfway Moon Eclipse on 17th July
- A halfway overshadowing of the Moon will happen on 17 July, 2019 which will be obvious in India. The halfway obscuration will start from 1h 31m IST.
- The Moon will be continuously secured by the Earth’s shadow and the greatest halfway shroud will happen at 3h 01m IST when about somewhat more than half part of the Moon will be secured by the Earth’s shadow.
World Food India a major stage for State Governments to push Food Processing in States
- Association Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal today said World Food India isn’t only an open door for the Center yet in addition a major stage for State Governments to push sustenance handling parts in their states.
- Smt Badal wastalking at a gathering with Members of Parliament at the Parliament Annexe. The MPs were welcomed by the Ministry to spread consciousness of the up and coming uber occasion World Food India 2019.
Medical coverage Scheme for CGHS Beneficiaries
- The Sixth Central Pay Commission in its report had prescribed the presentation of a Health Insurance Scheme for focal government representatives and retired people and their reliant relatives on skillet India premise.
- OPD offices are not secured under the proposed plan. The draft plan has been sent to the Department of Expenditure, Government of India, for evaluation and endorsement of the budgetary achievability of the plan.
CPWD is a market head in maintainable framework improvement an
- Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State(I/C), while perceiving the critical pretended by CPWD as far back as its arrangement in July 1854 in building foundation fundamental to the development of the nation, expressed that CPWD has risen as a market chief in maintainable framework improvement.
- The association has not just stayed aware of worldwide engineering and manageability models, however has additionally accepted a main job in detailing of these guidelines for foundations the nation over”, he included.
Material and Handicraft Policy
- Government has been actualizing different arrangement activities and projects for improvement of materials and crafted works especially for innovation upgradation, framework creation and ability advancement.
- Under the Comprehensive Powerloom Cluster Development plot, five powerloom uber groups are set up in various pieces of the nation including one at Surat, Gujarat for improvement of framework and to support generation and fare.
Weavers MUDRA Scheme
- Under the Concessional Credit/Weaver MUDRA Scheme, Margin Money help at 20% of advance sum subject to a limit of Rs.10,000/ – per weaver, advance at 6% financing cost and Credit Guarantee for 3 years is given to handloom weavers/weaver nation over.
- For opportune exchange of monetary help, Handloom Weaver MUDRA Portal has been created in relationship with Punjab National Bank to chop down deferral in payment of assets for edge cash and premium subvention.
NGOs Implementing Ujjawala Scheme
- The state-wise and year-wise subtleties of Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) executing the Ujjawala Scheme for restoring casualties of dealing during the most recent three years is at Annexure-I.
- According to data got from Government of Uttar Pradesh, 9 NGOs have pulled back from Ujjawala Scheme during the most recent 3 years.
National Nutrition Mission
- Under POSHAN Abhiyaan [erstwhile National Nutrition Mission (NNM)], all locale of the 36 States/UTs have been shrouded in a staged way.
- During Financial Year 2017-18 and 2018-19, a whole of ₹ 61.92 Crore has been spent under the Head – “Data, Education and Communication (IEC), Advocacy and Jan Andolan” under POSHAN Abhiyaan.
National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)
- The Ministry has authorized the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act (CPCR), 2005, broadening skillet India with the exception of the State of Jammu and Kashmir, under which National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) is commanded to work for security and advancement of kid rights.
- The Ministry has enacted different youngster driven Acts, for example, the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act, 2012 and the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 guaranteeing the wellbeing, security, pride and prosperity of kids.
Ladies Awareness Program
- The Government of India is executing Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme which was endorsed in November, 2017 as a halfway supported plan, for usage during the money related year 2017-18 to 2019-20, to enable country ladies through network interest.
- They will oblige mindfulness about government plans/projects, preparing and limit working for provincial ladies and help in crossing over data and information hole with respect to plans and offices accessible for rustic ladies.
Incorporated Child Protection Scheme
- The checking system has been endorsed under Section 54 of the Juvenile Justice (Child and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 (JJ Act) and Rules 41 of the Juvenile Justice (Child and Protection of Children) Model Rules, 2016.
- The Ministry has dispatched the mapping of Child Care Institutions (CCIs) through National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) which was directed by the Childline India Foundation with assistance of NGO accomplices.
Quick Track Special Courts
- The Government of India authorized “The Criminal (Law) Amendment Act, 2018” through which changes were affected in the Indian Penal Code, the Criminal Procedure Code, the Indian Evidence Act.
- A Scheme on the lines of other Centrally Sponsored Schemes for setting up Fast Track Special Courts for speedy preliminary and transfer of assault cases has been detailed by Department of Justice, Ministry of Law and Justice.
- Total number of 1399697 Anganwadi Workers and 1282847 Anganwadi Helpers under Umbrella Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme are sanctioned in the country.
- The Government of India has recently increased the of Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) at main-Anganwadi Centres (AWCs) from Rs. 3,000/- to Rs. 4,500/- per month. SmritiZubinIrani the Minister of Women and Child Development given the information .
Schemes for Empowerment of Fisherwomen
- Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Government of India is executing the umbrella Centrally Sponsored Scheme on “Blue Revolution: Integrated Development and Management of Fisheries” launched during 2015-16.
- Components included in the scheme are Development of Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture, Development of Marine Fisheries, Infrastructure and Post-Harvest Operations,National Scheme for Welfare of Fishermen etc.
Rehabilitation of Minor Rape Victims
- The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 (JJ Act) is the primary legislation for ensuring the safety, security, dignity and well-being of children and the provides for protection of children in need of care and protection including minor rape victims and those in conflict with law by catering to their basic needs through proper care, protection, development, treatment and social re-integration.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is implementing “Child Protection Services” (CPS) for providing financial assistance to State Governments/UT Administrations to create a safe and secure environment for overall development of children in need .