PIB (12/09/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Union HRD Minister launches several initiatives of MIC and AICTE to boost research and innovation in the country.
- UHRD Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ attended the first annual innovation festival of the MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC).
- During this celebration, the Innovation cell exhibited more than 70 top students’ developments from across India.
- Union Minister additionally launched the Smart India Hackathon 2020, Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020, and Institution’s Innovation Council 2.0.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches Swachhata Hi Seva (SHS) 2019
- PM Narendra Modi launched Swachhata Hi Seva, created huge awareness and mobilization campaign on swachhata at Mathura today.
- The Prime Minister likewise visited the Pashudhan Arogya Vigyan Mela, where he saw cows are being operated to remove the plastic from their stomachs.
- Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister urged all citizens to free their houses, offices, and workspace from single-use plastic.
Achievements of Indian Civil Aviation in the past 100 days
- The tallest air traffic controller of India was inaugurated earlier in the month at the Indira Gandhi Intl. airport for better services and for smooth and uninterrupted air traffic mgt.
- Ministry of Aviation has recently launched an online portal for aviation job seekers in the Civil Aviation where they can register their job interests under various other subsectors.
- The airports of Mangaluru, Lucknow, and Ahmedabad have been awarded through a concessionaire through public-private partnerships to bring efficiency in delivery and expertise.
NCST demands its recommendation to include Union Territory of Ladakh under the 6th Schedule of Constitution
- The National Commission for Scheduled Tribes has conveyed its demand to include UT of Ladakh under the 5th/6th schedule by writing to the Union Home Minister.
- The commission has noted that people in Ladakh have certain rights including rights on land which restricted people in acquiring land in Ladakh.
- In the notice written it has included democratic devolution of powers, promoting culture and enhancing the transfer of funds after careful consideration.
Inauguration of the conference on Criminal Activities and Radicalization
- Shri.G.kishan Reddy of Union Minister of Home Affairs is going to inaugurate the two-day conference on Criminal Activities on the 12th of September.
- The conference will deal with issues such as criminal activities under individual and gang level, various faces of radicalization in prison.
- The conference also focuses on personnel safety inside the prison and also safety measures to be taken during any kind of criminal activity.