PIB (11/09/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
16th Joint Statement Of AEM
- Minister of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of India and Economic ministers from ten ASEAN member states were met on the 10th of September at Bangkok.
- During the meet, it is noted that the recovery of FDI inflow from India for the year 2018 was 1.7USD. The ministers agreed to initiate the review of ASEAN India Trades in Goods Agreement.
- The event provided an ideal platform for investors, policymakers and business leaders -Enhance their engagements in further facilitating trade and Investment.
Dilution of Article, Panchayat dynamics, and Holding Elections
- The Vice President of India asserted that the dilution of Article 370 can accelerate the process of development of union territories of J&K, By preventing various legislations.
- By the dilution panchayats would become dynamic in FUNDS,Functions and Functionaries, which could function more effectively.
- The vice president of India also stated that holding elections to local bodies should be mandatory for every 5 years.
Prime Minister to inaugurate India’s second Multi-Modal Terminal
- The PM Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation India’s second riverine Multimodal Terminal on Ganga at Sahibganj in Jharkhand 12 September 2019.
- Multi-Modal Terminal at Sahibganj will create direct and indirect employment in the region.
- As a result, will also open up many industries of Jharkhand and Bihar to the global market and to provide Indo-Nepal-Bangladesh and North-East Cargo Connectivity through waterways.
Inauguration of Motihari-Amlekhganj (Nepal) by PM
- PM Modi and Nepal PM Oli, together inaugurated a cross- border petroleum products pipeline via video conference.
- PM Oli expressed appreciation for the early implementation of this important connectivity project completed before the schedule.
- PM Modi welcomed the announcement made by Prime Minister Oli to reduce the price of petroleum products by RS. 2 liter in Nepal.