PIB (11/03/2020): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
High-level review meeting by Cabinet Secretary
- A high-level meeting, with Secretaries of the concerned Ministries/Departments to review the status, actions of COVID-19.
- A total of fifty (50) confirmed cases of COVID-19 are reported in the country, till now.
- Subsequently, Of these 50 cases, 34 cases are Indian nationals and 16 are Italians.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan dials Health Ministers of Coronavirus affected states
- Union Health & Family Welfare Minister calls Health Ministers to ascertain the health status of the COVID-19 affected patients kept in isolation centers in hospitals.
- Besides, Dr. Harsh Vardhan also urged to spread awareness about COVID-19 amongst the general public and persuade them to avoid crowded gatherings.
- Union Minister assured full support to the State Health Ministers and the LGs about taking care of any urgent requirement of the States/UTs to combat the spread of the disease.