PIB (10/09/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
DPIIT to launch Plastic Waste Management Campaign for Swachhta HI Sewa 2019
- During the Independence Day speech, Prime Minister announced the theme of this year swachhta hi Seva is Plastic Waste Management.
- DPIIT and Ministry of Commerce and Industry are playing a huge role in the success of the campaign as mandated by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- On October 2nd, for the swachhta hi Seva campaign this year, the DPIIT will personally undertake shramdaan and ensure the collection of plastic waste in and around industrial areas all across the country.
India Participates in Thessaloniki International Fair in Greece
- An Indian delegation led by Minister of State (MoS) of commerce and industry, Hardeep Singh puri attended 84th TIF in Greece.
- Press Interaction held at the time of trade fair by the Ministry of State and highlighted the prospects for the development of Indian business in Greece and the wider region of southeast Europe to strengthen bilateral trade relations between the 2 countries.
- Hardeep Singh Puri and Prime Minister of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Kyriakos Mitsotakis inaugurated the new Indian Pavilion on 7th September 2019.
Sixth India- China Strategic Economic Dialogue concludes.
- The sixth India-china Strategic Economic Dialogue(SED) came to a conclusion today in New Delhi.
- Both the countries agreeing that the SED has emerged as a crucial mechanism to facilitate bilateral trade and investment flow and enhance economic co-operation between the two sides.
- The two countries agreed to effectively utilize the SED mechanism as an over-arching and permanent instrument to address outstanding issues and identify potential areas of collaboration in order to augment bilateral economic and commercial ties between the two countries.
Strategic Relationship between India & France
- Indian President described the partnership between India& France as an important pillar of India’s foreign policy, which could bring peace & stability.
- In the area like defense cooperation, counter-terrorism, economic partnership etc India valued its partnership with France.
- It is noted that this will lead to smart city initiatives, greater trade and technology, urban renewal and clean energy between the two nations.
Prime Minister to Launch National Animal Disease Control Programme
- In order to increase the farmer’s income our PM, Narendra Modi is going to launch NADCP for eradicating foot and mouth disease on the 11th of September.
- With having two components, the program aims at vaccinating 36 million female Bovine calves, in its fight against the Brucellosis disease.
- It is expected that the simultaneous launch of nationwide workshops, in Krishi Vigyan Kendras in all the districts on the topic of vaccination.
Over 1000 farmers attend the National Conference on Crop Residue Management
- Shri Parshottam Rupala Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare appreciates farmers for adopting crop residue management technologies.
- Inaugurating the National Conference on Crop Residue Management for the farmers from the states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh & Delhi.
- The national conference was organized in collaboration with ICAR in order to address concerns of farmers and State Governments, as per the report of the High Power Committee Chaired by Dr. Nagesh Singh.
Prime Minister to Launch Kisan Man -Dhan yojana& New Vidhan Sabha Building at Ranchi
- On the 12th of September, our prime minister Modi is going to launch Kisan Man Dhan yojana with a plan to secure the lives of Anna Data.
- With the budget of 10744crores for the next three years, it fulfills the needs of 5 crore small and marginal farmers by paying them a pension of 3000 per month, when attaining 60 years.
- It is also scheduled to inaugurate Jharkhand Vidhan Sabha Building and the foundation of the new secretarial Building in Ranchi.