PIB (10/08/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’
- At Kendriya Vidyalaya no. 2 Delhi Cantt Union HRD Minister Sh. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Union Minister for Jal Shakti Sh. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive
- Government of India the Jal Shakti Abhiyan (JSA) has launched by the inspiration occurred from Prime Minister’s impetus on Jal Sanchay
- The Department of School Education & Literacy, MHRD has launched the ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ lead to encourage water conservation activities for School Students.
Arjun Ram Meghwal Addresses 3rd International Electric Vehicle Conclave
- Arjun Ram Meghwal , the Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, inaugurated the 3rd International Electric Vehicle (EV) Conclave at the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) at Manesar, Gurugram .
- The EV Conclave is organized in a view to the growth of electric mobility
- Also in order to meet the demands of the automotive sector, with a focus on new trends and challenges in the field of electric mobility.
‘One Nation One Ration Card’
- The Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan inaugurated the inter-State portability in two clusters of adjoining States of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana and Gujarat & Maharashtra
- To achieve the objective of ‘One Nation One Ration Card’, this was put forwarded.
- Establishment of electronic Point of Sale (ePoS) gadgets at Fair Price Shops (FPSs) is the main enabler of portability of ration card holders, upheld by the biometric/Aadhaar authentication.
Registration opens for PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, in Krishi Bhawan , New Delhi appealed the registration for the PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana.
- The scheme has been planned with an aim to improve the lives of small and marginal farmers of the country.
- A secretaries committee is also there to for monitoring, review and amendments of the Scheme.
66th National Film Awards for 2018
- The 66th National Film Awards were declared in a question and answer session today by Shri Rahul Rawail, Chairperson, Feature Film Category; Shri AS Kanal, Chairperson, Non-Feature Film Category and Shri Utpal Borpujari, Chairperson, Best Writing on Cinema.
- Gujarati film ‘Hellaro’ was pronounced Best Feature Film victor while ‘Badhai Ho’ stowed the honor for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment. Hindi motion picture ‘Padman’ was pronounced Best Film on Social Issues, while Kannada film ‘Ondalla Eradalla’ got Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration.
- The Jury consistently gave the honor for the Most Film Friendly State to the State of Uttarakhand for advancing the development of the film business in the State including making a domain for simplicity of shooting in the State.
Anniversary of Quit India Movement
- On the Anniversary of Quit India Movement, Shri Prakash Javadekar presents the book “Mahatma Gandhi: Chitramaya Jeevan Gatha” to president Ram Nath Kovind today which narrates the pictorial story of Gandhi through 550 photographs.
- President of India informed all the Government Officials to participate actively in the celebration of 150th Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- With rare photographs, the book explains the complete life story of Mahatma Gandhi life story.
22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019 at Shillong
- ‘Shillong Declaration’on e-Governance embraced after serious consultations during the sessions held more than two days by the Government of India and State Government of Meghalaya.
- The main theme of the 22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019 was “Digital India: Success of Excellence”.Over the two days of discussion in the conference were held on six sub-themes.
- One Nation One Platform, Engaging with Innovators and Industry, End-to-End Digital Services: IT activities of State Governments. An Exhibition was likewise sorted out during the occasion to feature India’s accomplishments in the field of e-Governance.
Fourth Edition of Women Transforming India Awards launched by NITI Aayog
- NITI Aayog, the chief research organization of the Government of India, has propelled the Fourth Edition of Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards, in a joint effort with the United Nations in New Delhi today.
- UN Resident Coordinator in India, Ms. Renata Lok-Dessallien, opened the selection procedure for WTI Awards 2019, within the sight of CEO NITI Aayog, Mr. Amitabh Kant, senior government authorities and accomplices of Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP).
- The WTI Awards, since its commencement in 2016, has been perceiving and praising accounts of commendable ladies from crosswise over India. The subject for WTI Awards 2019 is “Women and Entrepreneurship“.