PIB (09/09/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism(IC) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel reviews the progress of ongoing conservation work and development of public amenities at the Red Fort.
- Shri Prahlad Singh Patel visited Red Fort to ongoing Conservation Work and Development of Public amenities at the monument in Delhi.
- During the inspection, for the convenience of the elder people, women, and children, the minister suggested bringing battery cars inside the Red Fort.
- Shri Prahlad Singh Patel also inspected the new booking counter T5 parking at Delhi Gate, newly conserved Chhatta Bazaar and newly built museums.
Ministry of Development of North-East Region
- Home Minister stated that the Modi government respect the article 371 there will be no change in that.
- Shri Amith Shah said the culture and language of the Nort East region must be preserved along with development.
- The thirty percent on the NEC budget will be spent on the development of backward regions.
Union Environmental Minister holds a bilateral meeting with China on Day 7 of COP 14
- Shri Prakash Javadekar held a bilateral meeting with China on September 8th, 2019. Introduction to the inauguration of the high-level segment meeting of the 14th conference of Parties(COP 14) to UNCCD on 9th, September.
- Shri Prakash Javadekar said the various efforts are made by the government to improve the efforts towards afforestation. By highlighting the recent distribution of CAMPA funds to various states.
- At the time of meeting both, the countries discussed detailed and explored opportunities for bilateral cooperation in the area of combating desertification within the framework of UNCCD.
The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt of India, is participating at the ‘Toronto International Film Festival’ from 5-15 September 2019.
- Indian delegates met the representatives from the International Film Fraternity, there is a huge market potential for Indian content in Toronto.
- The programming head of Heartland International Film Festival, Ms. Hannah Fisher suggested that there could be a special focus on India for the festival commencing.
- The discussion with senior representatives focused on the policy framework of films especially in the context of ease of filming in India.
Shri Prakash Javadekar (I&B Minister) releases booklet on 100 days of Govt.
- The Union Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar inaugurated an Exhibition on 100 days of Bold Initiatives & Decisive Actions and released a booklet on ‘Jan Connect’
- The booklet had sections like Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh – Crown of India, Good Governance, Security and Defence Sectors and G7 Summit, etc.
- The minister highlighted key acts of Govt including the abolition of article 370 and 35A, the vision of making in India $5 trillion economy GDP growth, etc.