PIB (09/05/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Meeting of the 15th Finance Commission with the Reserve Bank of India
- The fifteenth Finance Commission headed by Chairman, Shri N.K. Singh today held a definite gathering with the Governor and Deputy Governors of RBI in Mumbai.
- Key issues raised by RBI Governor, Shri Shaktikanta Das and Finance Commission Chairman, Shri N.K. Singh were discussed in detail at the meeting. These issues included the following:–
- The necessity of setting up State Finance Commissions for respective State Governments.
- Public Sector Borrowing Requirements.
- Requirement for Expenditure Codes, particularly given that use standards differ from state to state.
- Job of States in Growth and Inflation, for example, job of states in Ease of working together.
CBIC organises meeting of Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the WCO in Kochi
- CBIC is organising a meeting of the Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation in Kochi from 08thto 10th May, 2019.
- India is hosting this meeting in its capacity as Vice Chair of the Asia Pacific region that it assumed on 1stJuly, 2018 for a two-year period.
- The meeting will take stock of the progress being made in carrying forward the programmes and initiatives of WCO to promote, facilitate and secure the cross-border trade in the region and the capacity building and technical assistance required to achieve this goal.
India CEO forum organized to share best practices and facilitate cross-learning on climate change issues.
- India CEO Forum on Climate Change organized by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change , as the pioneering initiative of the government, inviting industry representatives, exchanged views on climate change issues and discussed opportunities to collaborate in regard to fulfilling India’s national as well as international climate change commitments.
- Businesses are recognised as crucial to meeting global climate change goals and forum on Climate Change focused on driving transition to a low-carbon economy.
- It delivered powerful messages as leaders from the private and public sector gathered to showcase their commitment to tackle climate change.
Sanskrit is the invaluable window to Indian cultural treasure house: Vice President
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has complimented students from Karnataka, here today, for learning Sanskrit and trekking up to 12,000 feet on Himalayas and hoisting the Sanskrit Flag as part of ‘Sahyadri to Himadri’ expedition.
- As many as 46 students, including girls from Vasavi Primary and High School at Shivamogga called on the Vice President to share their experiences. The expedition was organized by Samskrita Bharati, a non-profit organisation working to revive Sanskrit.
- The Vice President emphasized the importance of Sanskrit as the invaluable window to Indian cultural treasure house as well as the origin of most Indian languages.