PIB (08/05/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Initiatives by Commerce Ministry to Boost Trade with African Countries
- The Commerce Ministry and Indian High Commissions and Embassies of eleven African nations organized a connection over Digital Video Conference more than two days, on third and sixth May 2019, with the Indian business network in Africa.
- This activity was held so as to fabricate a successful commitment with the Indian Diaspora in Africa so as to additionally extend and reinforce India-Africa exchange ties.
- The DVC was gone to by more than 400 individuals from Indian business network in 11 African nations.
59th BRO Raising Day
- Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is celebrating its 59th Raising Day here today. BRO is a leading road construction agency under the Ministry of Defence with a primary role of providing road connectivity in border areas
- It executes road construction and maintenance works along the Northern and Western frontiers primarily to meet the strategic requirements of the Army and is responsible for over 53,000 Km roads.
- The BRO has also constructed roads in friendly foreign countries like Bhutan, Myanmar, Afghanistan etc. thus contributing towards our strategic objectives in the region.
MNRE holds ‘Chintan Baithak’ with the stakeholders of Renewable Energy (RE) sector
- Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) held a ‘Chintan Baithak’ with the stakeholders of Renewable Energy sector .
- The ‘Baithak’ was chaired by Secretary, MNRE, Shri Anand Kumar and saw good participation from RE sector including the representatives of major RE developers, equipment manufacturers, financers, regulators, think-tanks, industry bodies and skill developers.
- The day long meet deliberated upon various issues pertaining to the RE sector viz. solar, wind, bio-energy, small-hydro, regulatory issues, bidding & pricing, demand forecasting, financing of RE projects, energy storage, Make in India, skilling India’s RE work force etc.
- Shri Praveen Kumar, Additional Secretary, MNRE and other senior officials of the Ministry were also present during the meet.