PIB (04/09/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Induction of AH-64E Apache Attack Helicopter
- Formally, the IAF introduced the AH-64E Apache Attack Helicopter at Air Force Station Pathankot. For 22 Apache Attack Helicopters, IAF has signed a contract with ‘The Boeing Company’ and US Government.
- Specifically, the helicopter is capable of delivering a variety of weapons. Also, it carries one 30 mm chain gun with 1200 rounds. These pair seated helicopters are day/night, all-weather capable and have high agility and survivability against battle damage.
- In particular, this initiation will enhance the capability of IAF in providing integrated combat aviation cover to the army strike corps.
Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah meets representatives from Jammu and Kashmir
- The Union Minister of Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah met three different groups of representatives from Jammu Kashmir.
- Particularly, this is the first-ever meeting with the representatives of sarpanches from various districts of Jammu and Kashmir after the abolition of Article 370.
- By Article 370 abolition, the benefits of various government schemes like PM Fasal Bima Yojana will reach all people of Jammu and Kashmir now.
Union Environment Minister to develop a master plan for Tigers at High altitude.
- Shri Prakash Javadekar (Union Environment Minister) released a report on the status of Tigers in high altitude regions today in New Delhi.
- It is an interesting study as it reveals that even ecology at high altitude regions is compatible with tiger growth.
- This study provides a strategy with a gainful portfolio ensuring the centrality of tiger conservation in development, through an effective coordination mechanism.
Joint press statement of Indo-Japan Annual Defence Ministerial.
- The annual Defence Ministerial Meeting was held on 2 September 2019 in Tokyo, by both the defense ministers Mr. Rajnath Singh and Mr. Takeshi Iwaya for cooperation, peace, and prosperity.
- The Ministers agreed to negotiations on the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA)
- The Ministers agreed for the regular interactions at all levels of their two defense authorities.