National Youth Day
National Youth Day is celebrated on January 12th every year on the remembrance of Swami Vivekananda’s birth anniversary also called Swami Vivekananda Jayanti. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, Banking exam.
- The National Youth Day celebration observed since 1984 the Government of India declared 12th January will be observed as National Youth Day and said that – the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda and his ideas, great source of inspiration for the Indian youth, since then Swami Vivekananda’s birth anniversary is being celebrated as National Youth Day.
- Swami Vivekananda was born on 12 January 1863 as Narendranath Datta, he was very much interested in spirituality and started meditating from a young age. He used to read a wide range of subjects, including philosophy, social science, art, literature, religion, history and also a voracious reader.
- He was also interested in the Hindu scriptures, trained in Indian classical music, a good sportsperson too and also an all-rounder. Swami Vivekananda’s thought-provoking lectures, writings, and quotes have been a subject of study and a great source of motivation for the youth towards the ambitions.
- On introduction of Indian philosophies of yoga and Vedanta to the western world and after his speech at the World’s Parliament of Religions in Chicago at 1893 introducing the Hinduism to the world, he was called the “Messenger of Indian wisdom to the western world”. Swami Vivekananda plays a major force in bringing Hinduism to the status of major world religion in the late 19th century.
- Today is Swami Vivekananda 156th birth anniversary. January 12th is celebrated as National Youth Day across India in schools, colleges and cultural programs like processions, youth conventions, seminars, sports competitions, speeches, recitations, music are held on this day to educated children’s.
- To encourage and inspire the youth for the development of the country to embark on a successful journey. His thoughts and speech inspired everyone to achieve their goal and also quotes include truth of life. The National Youth Day theme is to celebrate and bring awareness about the Swami Vivekananda life values to adopt for the development of our country and help others.
- The National Youth Day 2019 is celebrated at IIT Kharagpur to learn from Swami Vivekananda life history.
The objective behind the government’s move toward the International youth day was to imbibe the students and youth with the philosophy and ideals of the Swamiji, the man who brought a change in the thought process of the youth philosophy ideal.