National Voters Day
National Voters Day is celebrated on January 25 every year in order to encourage young voters to take part in the political process. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, Banking exam.
National Voters Day is to celebrate the right to vote and vibrant democracy of India. The day was first celebrated in 2011 to mark Election Commission’s Foundation Day later it became National Voters Day.
This will be the 9th National Voters Day (NVD) and to spread awareness among voters regarding effective participation in the electoral process for basic rights.
National voter’s Day celebration and theme:
- National Voters Day also Called as Rashtriya Matdata Diwas, to increase the participation in the electoral process of Election Commission and Systematic voter’s Education of India adopted Electoral Participation strategy in 2009. It reflected in a range of policy programmes, initiatives, and activities it is popularly known as SVEEP.
- The Election Commission will felicitate 133-millennium voters in poll-bound Meghalaya the voters born on January 1 in the year 2000 and have attained the age of 18 on the first day of the 2018 year.
- The National Voters’ Day theme to celebrate the new electors will be felicitated and Assessable Elections” in Manipura.
- In Bengaluru, under Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) the Election Commission has decided to use millennial voters as ambassadors.
- To increase Voters through National Voters’ Day, the Election Commission’s objective is to increase enrolment of voters, especially of the newly eligible candidates.
- The Election Commission of India founded in 1950, the constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in the country. It administers elections to the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, the offices of the President and Vice President, state legislatures in India.
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) celebrates 9th National Voters’ Day 2019 across the nation for enhanced participation of citizens in the election process to increase awareness in the youth.
- National Voter’s day celebration 2018, the President Kovind addressing the gather said that we have been celebrating National Voters Day on January 25 every year since 2011. The aim is to encourage our voters to participate enthusiastically in the democratic process on Republic Day.
- National Voter’s Day 2018, the Election Commission of India and Facebook have collaborated the social media platform to send a reminder to user aged 18 years and above to take a pledge to vote.
- Law and Justice Minister Sh. Ravi Shankar Prasad congratulated for organizing National Voters’ Day honoring millennium voters to Election Commission of India.
- On this Occasion introducing the best electoral practices awards, Election Commissioner Sh. Sunil Arora appreciated the role who were selected for the awards.
- Election Commissioner Sh. Ashok Lavasa delivered welcome address and congratulated who have become eligible as voter on 1st January 2018 for voting. At the end of occasion the vote of thanks given by Sr. Deputy Election Commissioner Sh. Umesh Sinha.