National Security Day
National Security Day otherwise known as Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas observes annually on 4th March. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibility current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams. Click here to know more.
- National Security Day 2020 praises the work of the security forces, who ensures the security of the country so that citizens of India sleep peacefully.
- Specifically, this year, National Security Day 2020 falls on 4th March 2020, Wednesday.
What is National Security?
National Defense or National Security is a Nation’s security and defense. Particularly, including its citizens, institutions and economic security of a Nation. Chiefly, National Security is considered as the duty of the Government.
Aims of National Security Day
- Promote security forces who are working continuously for the nation.
- Recall the people about their personal duties towards the country.
- Most importantly, salute the jawans who died while saving the country.
Types of National Security
- Political Security
- Economic Security
- Ecological Security
- Security of energy and natural resources
- Computer security
- Infrastructure security
Importance of National Security Day
- National Security Day is dedicated to all the security forces.
- Among the world, India has the third-largest military force. Particularly, with a strength of over 1.3 million active personnel.
- For the year 2017- 2018, India’s defense budget is Rs.2.74 lakh crore.
- The National Security Council (NSC), chiefly the peak agency that looks into the country’s political, economic, energy and strategic security concerns.
- Ajit Kumar Dovel, the National Security Advisor of India, is the Chief Executive of NSC and Primary Advisor, to the Prime Minister on issues related to National Security.
- Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and Intelligence Bureau (IB) reports to the National Security Advisor.
- India is a Nation where you find followers of various religions. Particularly, it belongs to the people of various religions like Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, christens and others.
- National Security Day is celebrated to remind people about the personal responsibilities of each and every person towards the Nation.
- Also, this day is a salute to those jawans who died while saving the country for Nation security and peace.
In conclusion, to bring public awareness towards the National Security Day 2020, Himalai observes the day as a part of Our India with World Events.