National Productivity Day
National Productivity Day celebrated on 12th February, NPC(National Productivity Council) is a national level organization to promote productivity culture in India.Also celebrates National Productivity Week from 12th February 2020 to 18th February 2020. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibility current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams.To know more about about UPSC exams click here.
- NPC established by the Ministry of Industry, Government of India in 1958. World productivity Day celebrates on 20th June.
- Chiefly, it is an autonomous, non-profit, multipartite organization with equal representation from employers and workers organizations.
- National Productivity Council(NPC) is a component of the Tokyo-based Asian Productivity Organization (APO). APO is an InterGovernmental Body of which the Government of India is a founder member.
- This year, National Productivity Day 2020 falls on 12th February 2020, Tuesday.
National Productivity & Innovation Award Scheme(NPIA)
- NPIA scheme goal is to identify and bring forward innovative enterprises in different sectors. By its innovative actions introduced breakthrough changes in products, services and processes. Among the MSME sector, the broad objective is to generate consciousness towards innovation and productivity.
- NPC encouraging all stakeholders in the implementation of productivity techniques and tools with contemporary.
- To accelerate productivity, increasing profits, enhancing competitiveness, ensuring better quality to the client, NP Council teams up with its clients to work out solutions.
- Especially, it provides a reliable database for decision-making, improved systems and procedures. Further, customer satisfaction, as well as the work culture both internal & external in the council, plays a prominent role.
- The solution for the procedure can be specific depending on the nature of the problem to solve in the organization. The council also helps review, implement and monitor the identified growth strategies.
- NPC’s services have bearings on economic growth and quality of life for promotional and catalytic. Further, NP council promotes the view of productivity-focused on improving economic, environmental and social and adds value for all stakeholders. Particularly, through generation & application of advanced knowledge.
National Productivity Day Theme
The “Circular Economy for Productivity & Sustainability” selected by NPC as the national theme on productivity. Particularly, to be observed during the National Productivity Week 2019.
This year, National Productivity Day Theme 2020 is yet to come.
National Productivity Week Activities
Generally, stakeholders organize several activities to propagate the productivity concept in National Productivity Council.
- Special talks on focusing on the problems faced on the productivity front discussions, meetings, workshops/round tables.
- Paintings/Slogan/ Essay competitions relating to the theme.
- Relevant to Productivity Special training programs.
- On the Productivity concept Special drive/campaign.
Chiefly, NPC draws attention towards the concept and encourage implementation of productivity techniques together with contemporary relevant themes for the council.
In short, to bring public awareness towards the significance of National Productivity Day 2020, Himalai observes the day as a part of Our India with World Events.