National Girl Child Day
National Girl Child Day celebrated in India on January 24 every year. The Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India initiated this celebration in 2008 to bring awareness about the importance of girl child. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, Banking exam.
- National girl child day was recognition day for the young lady tyke and celebration was began to offer more backings and new chances to the girl child in the nation. National girl child day theme is to build the mindfulness among about every one of the disparities looked by the girl child in the general public.
- National girl child day celebration is to promote the girl’s position in society to make their living better among society people and safety. It is very necessary to remove different types of exploitation and social discrimination that girls generally face in their lifelong.
Objectives of Celebrating National Girl Child Day:
National Girl Child Day 2019 theme, as a national observance, to increase the consciousness of the people and offer new better opportunities to the girl child in the society to save them.
- To remove all the inequalities faced by the girl children and every girl child is getting proper respect and value of the Indian society.
- To work against changing the people mind about the girl child diminishing the child sex ratio, they should get all the human rights in the country.
- By increasing awareness about the importance and role of the girl child and address the girl children issues associated to their health, education, nutrition, and education etc..
- To propagate the gender equality among people for the welfare of the girl child in India for the country development, Generate awareness on the importance of girl education, health and nutrition and rights of a child.
Girl Child Rights in India: The National Girl Child Day of India, the Government declaring a variety of schemes to make the girl child status better as listed below:
- Sex determination during pregnancy in any hospital has been blocked by the government to save girl child.
- Child marriages for girl below 18 years have been restricted and for all the pregnant women Antenatal care has been made necessary to fight against malnutrition, high illiteracy, poverty the society.
- To improve Girl child education government made free and compulsory primary school education for both boys and girls till 14 years of age and for girls, the Indian government has reserved 1/3 seats in the local government.
- The Government introduced SHG (Self-Help Groups) as the main policy in order to make rural areas girls livelihood.