National Conference on Corrosion Control
Union Minister for petroleum and natural gas and ability Development and Entrepreneurship Center is promoting gas based economy which needs a massive network of pipelines for transportation of fossil fuel to numerous corners of the country .which is most important UPSC mains exam essay question and as a IAS officer how you will control the metal corrosion ?.
Petroleum Minister inaugurates three day National Conference on Corrosion Control .The economy of RS 4500 cr to be invested for 1700 KM gas pipeline in Odisha and Two digit growth rate needed for Odisha and Odisha wants a large infrastructure for store gas said by Dharmendra Pradhan.
The initial section Rs 70,000 cr are going to be invested with to spread gas pipeline network across the country, he aforesaid whereas addressing the 19th National Conference on Corrosion management organized in Bhubaneswar.The Union Minister said
Jap a part of India together with Odisha wants a high double-digit rate to be at par with Western components.and collaborating delegates, Scientists, and Engineers of the country. .
Shri Pradhan said that India is reaching to expand gas pipeline network to Myanmar through Bangladesh. under this program, pipelines square measure projected to be made between Dhamra to Bangladesh and Siliguri to Bangladesh.
South eastern Region Pipelines (SERPL) is present operations are:
- Pipelines network of rock oil and refined product also as LPG of 1570 KMs length with 19.35 MMTPA capacity.
- India Oil has the biggest and largest crude oil handling facility at Paradip with 03 numbers of Single purpose Mooring systems having 37 MMTPA capacity put in in deep sea at a distance of twenty one klick off the coast.
- Four most significant refineries- Paradip, Haldia, Barauni, and Bongaigaon. As future growth plans below SERPL,
- Paradip-Hyderabad pipeline works of 1212 km with the capacity of 4.5 MMTPA is in progress.
- Preconstruction works for 360 klick long Paradip-Dhamra-Haladia LNG pipeline and 345 klick long Paradip-Somanathpur-Haldia pipeline are under progress, said the petroleum Minister.
The conference aims to investigate numerous industrial corrosion issues and supply a platform for interaction among industrialists, scientists, engineers and professionals to enhance the state of the art knowledge on “Corrosion Science and Engineering”.
- Sketch a road map for the creation of higher and advanced infrastructure for energy storage, refining, and transportation with the use of corrosion free metals in future.
- Refine and transport the fossil fuel to trade sill from Paradip, Dhamra, and Gopalpur. the middle is contemplating to push port based industries in Odisha and also in other coastal states having natural ports
- In Odisha, around Rs 4500 cr would be wired in to construct 1700 KMs of pipeline network within the initial section. A strategic oil reserve project also will be launched in Chandikhol after acquiring land there.
- Export LNG gas in line with the necessity of the neighboring nation. He proclaimed that the business production of polypropene from Paradip industrial plant would begin from Dec.
- planning to connect to Myanmar via Bangladesh with massive gas pipeline network
The three-day conference is being organized in Bhubaneswar from 5 to 7 Dec 2018 collectively by National Corrosion Council of India, Karaikudi, SERPL, Central electro-chemical research Institute, and Indian Oil Corporation.