Janaushadhi Diwas annually commemorates on 7th March across the country. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibility current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams. Click here to know more.
- PM Narendra Modi will address 5000 Janaushadhi stores across the country through video-conferencing on the occasion of Jan Aushadhi Diwas.
- Specifically, this year Janaushadhi Diwas 2020 falls on 7th March 2020, Saturday.
What is Janaushadhi?
Janaushadhi program has been launched in collaboration with the Central Pharma Public Sector Undertakings (CPSU) as part of their Corporate Social Responsibilities agenda.
- More than 5050 Janaushadhi stores functional across 652 districts in the country.
- In fact, the Government of India has taken important steps to make affordable and generic medicines through Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Schemes.
- By the initiative of Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, set up the scheme making quality healthcare affordable for everyone.
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojna(PMBJP)
Chiefly, to lower the health care budgets of Indian Citizens by providing them high-quality medicines at affordable prices.
- Generic medicine awareness creation among public
- Generic medicine demand creation through medical practitioners
- Create awareness through an education program that high price need not meant to be of high quality.
- By covering all the therapeutic groups, provide all the generic medicine
- Also, the scheme provides all related health care products.
The following steps are being taken under the PMBJP scheme:
- To Make quality the hallmark of medicine availability in the country, by ensuring, access to quality medicines through the CPSU supplies.
- To serve the people at low cost more than 500 medicines will be available under the scheme.
- Every medicine will be tested at the manufacturing stage by the National Accreditation Board. For the purpose of Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) for safety.
- Medicine quality is the same as the usual medicines.
- Extend coverage of quality generic medicines under the budget to redefine the treatment cost per person.
- The Jan Aushadhi budget outlay stores are around Rs.35 crore.
Janaushadhi Diwas 2019
Addressing a press conference in New Delhi on the Janaushadhi Diwas 2019, the Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Mansukh Mandaviya said the market share of generic medicines has grown over three-fold from two percent to seven percent in the last 3 years. Best quality provided by Janaushadhi Kendra’s medicine at the affordable price said by Mr. Mandaviya.
In conclusion, Himalai wants to observe Janaushadhi Diwas as a part of Our India Our Pride Events to make people aware of the PMBJP scheme which provides the best quality medicine at affordable prices in different Janaushadhi Kendras.