International Day of Human Space Flight
International Day of Human Space Flight celebrates on 12th April ever year beginning of the space era for mankind. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, banking exam and other competitive exams.
The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) through its resolution A/RES/65/271 of 7 April 2011.
The UNGA declared 12 April as the International Day of Human Space Flight to celebrate each year at the international level the beginning of the space era for mankind and reaffirming the important contribution of space science and technology in achieving sustainable development goals and increasing the well-being of States and peoples to achieve in space science.
- On 12thApril 1961 was the first human space flight carried out by Yuri Gagarin, Its an historic event golden way for space exploration.
- United Nation declared 12thApril as the International Day of Human Space Flight on the remembrance the first human space flight and to promote the use of the outer space for peaceful purposes and to the benefits of the humankind.
- Yuri Gagarin was first human being a Russian astronaut went for space flying invention. The UN-United Nations chose this date for the International Day of Human Space Flight as a remembrance of this meaningful event across the world. The Soviet Union (Russia), the USA and China are the only nations organizing human space flights at the ancient days.
- Yuri Gagarin inventions carried out Vostok 1 space flight making one orbit around the Earth over 108 minutes in the Vostok 3KA spacecraft. The spacecraft was launched by Vostok-K launch vehicle to the spacecraft.
- The International Day of Human Space Flight 2019 considered the start up of the space age and it celebrates the scientific and technical achievement in that industry. Human Space day also reminder of the ambition to use space for only peaceful invention. On April 12thCosmonauts’ day also takes place in the field.
- The International Day of Human Space Flight is also observed as the Cosmonautics Day in Russia and some other countries.
- 12 April 1961 – Yuri Gagarin became the first human to orbit the Earth celebrating as Human space day.
- 16 June 1963 – Valentina Tereshkova became the first woman to orbit the Earth.
- 20 July 1969 – Neil Armstrong became the first human to set foot on the surface of the Moon.
- 17 July 1975 – Docking of Apollo and Soyuz spacecraft in space was the First international human mission to space.
- 1984 – Rakesh Sharma, the former Indian Air Force pilot, became the first person of Indian origin to travel in space. He slew in the space aboard Soyuz t-11, which was launched on 2 April 1984. He flew as part of the Intercosmos programme.
- 1997 – Kalpana Chawla, an Indian American astronaut, became the first woman of Indian origin to be in space.
- International Day of Human Space Flight 2019 theme to spread awareness about spacecraft invention,the general assembly said, “The day will be celebrated at the international level to reaffirm the important contribution of space science and technology in achieving sustainable development goals across world. It said that the day will help in ensuring the realisation of their aspiration to maintain outer space for peaceful purposes.”