International Day for South-South Cooperation
International Day for South-South Cooperation is celebrating on 12th September every year. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibility current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams.
138 state members celebrate International Day for South-South Cooperation 2019. It is the commemoration of the adoption of “Buenos Aires Plan of Action for Promoting and Implementing Technical Cooperation among Developing Countries”. Basic objectives of South-South Cooperation are listed in this plan.
- In 1978, the UN decided “International Day for South-South Cooperation” annually to promote the agenda of South-South Cooperation. In turn, it is also known as the United Nations Day of South-South Cooperation.
- More developing countries have been encouraging to collaborate, share their technology also other advancements with each other.
- The Second High-level United Nations Conference on South-South Cooperation is conducting. It is in Buenos Aires, Argentina on 20th March 2019 to 22 March 2019.
- International Day for South-South Cooperation groups the south developing countries (Africa-Asia). They work together in solidity to achieve the goal of world development.
- Through knowledge, skill and resource sharing it create economic ties, political ties and social ties to improve interrelations between countries.
Few major objectives of South-South Cooperation:
- Firstly, to encourage developing countries in finding innovative solutions for the problems faced in their development and goals achievement.
- Secondly, foster the combined strength of the developing countries’ collaboration in exchanging views, experience, technical knowledge, and resources.
- Further, recognizing the common difficulties faced by everyone and formulate an effective solution with coordination which can benefit all.
- Provide a global platform to enhance the communication and interrelations between the countries.
- Finally, lending a helping hand to the least developed countries, countries facing natural calamities and other problems.
South-South Cooperation in India:
- Through the United Nation Development Programme (UNDP) the South-South Cooperation is conducting in India.
- UNDP coupled with the Indian government is in the process of developing an agreement for the involvement of cooperation.
- For South-South Cooperation, UNDP is lending a hand in India’s development by sharing the experience of other countries.
International Day for South-South Cooperation 2019 activities:
- Especially, many events have been organizing for promoting the exchange of development strategies between the countries.
- Similarly, exhibitions have been organizing to showcase the advancements in science and technology fields.
- Even more, recognizing and celebrating the achievements of countries towards the development goal.
South-South Cooperation decreases the impact of challenges that countries are facing through the connection between several countries. Himalai wants to raise awareness about International Day for South-South Cooperation as a part of Our India with world events.