Indian Army Day
Indian Army Day celebrated on 15th January to salute the courageous and brave Indian soldiers who have been sacrificed their lives for protecting the country in the army. It would be celebrated as the 71st anniversary in the national capital. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, Banking exam.
The first Commander-in-Chief Indian Army, General Kodandera Madappa Cariappa was succeeded the British Army General Roy Butcher of independent India. Indian Army is used to face many problems and difficulties even though courageously solves many problems and saves many people live to lead the better way.
Army Day Parade:
Army day parade carried out by the Indian army soldiers during the celebration of Indian Army day which involves the exhibition of BLT T-72, carrier Mortar Tracked Vehicle, 155 MM Soltum Gun, Advanced Light Helicopters of the Army Aviation Corps T-90 tanks, Brahmos Missile etc.
Army Day celebration:
The Army Day decided to be celebrated in India to start paying tribute to the sacrifice Indian army soldiers at the “Amar Jawan Jyoti” at India Gate in New Delhi disaster happened.
- An excellent parade including military shows takes place to accomplishments and indicate the new technologies in the Indian Army. On Indian army occasion, Bravery awards including Unit credentials and Sena Medals are distributed.
- Field Marshal KM Cariappa was born on 28th January 1900 in Mercara state now its named as Madikeri in Karnataka. He was amongst the first officers to receive the King’s Commission in 1919. He became the first Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army on 15 January 1949.
- Field Marshal KM Cariappa a hardcore Infantryman gentleman who exhibited the highest standards of self-discipline and compassion. He was a legend in his lifetime and left an indelible impression that would inspire the people for a lifelong. He was the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army and was conferred the rank of Field Marshal on 28 April 1986, died in May 1993.
- The Infantry Directorate at the Army Head Quatres has been organizing the ‘Field Marshal KM Cariappa Memorial Lecture’ since 1995 every year, as part of Infantry Day celebrations in memory of Field Marshal KM Cariappa.
- Army Day theme 2019 is to generate a proper knowledge about the betterment and safety of the people for the lifelong and also used to cultivate better attitude towards the development of great ideas and plans for their future.
Army Day celebrated for the respect of the Lieutenant General of India, in headquarters, many parades and military shows are organized. Indian Army soldiers are always ready to fight with all the hard times at Indian borders as well as with the natural disasters to save people to serve Nation.