Indian Engineering Service Exam 2019
UPSC IES 2019 Notification Released for Commencement of Engineering Service Exam 2019 Application Form submission:
- Indian Engineering Services (IES) are the masterminds behind India’s super infrastructures and technical advancements, they are the technical counterparts of Indian civil service. Services are divided into four major disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- The annual recruitment for Indian Engineering Service is done through Engineering Service Exam, conducted by Union Service Public Commission (UPSC).
- Engineering Service Exam (ESE) is conducted in three stages IES prelims examination, IES mains examination and interview.
- UPSC has released the IES 2019 notification on their official website for the commencement of IES exam 2019 with other IES exam details.
- The Engineering service 2019 prelims online application procedure has been started form 26.09.2018.
- The last date IES exam 2019 submission is at 6.00pm on 22nd October 2018
- The total number of IES 2019 vacancy mentioned in the UPSC IES 2019 notification is 581.
The candidates meeting the IES eligibility criteria can attempt Engineering Service Exam.
A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
IES exam eligibility Educational Qualification:
The candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized university in any disciplines.
IES Age Limit:
Minimum Age to appear for the Exam is 21 years and maximum age limit is 30 years and age relaxation as per category
|Other Backward Class||33 years|
|SC/ST and for Government servants||35 years|
|Blind, Deaf-Mute, Ortho-Handicapped||10 Years relaxation|
|Ex-Servicemen & Military Service (ECOS/SSCOs)||Age relaxation of 5 years|
Engineering Service 2019 Exam dates:
|IES 2019 application starting date||26.09.2018|
|IES 2019 application closing date||22.10.2018|
|IES Prelims Admit card||3 Weeks before the Exam|
|IES Prelims Exam||06.01.2019|
Indian Engineering Service 2019 Vacancies:
- The 581 Indian Engineering Service 2019 vacancy include 34 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) i.e., 23 vacancies for Locomotor Disability including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims and Muscular Dystrophy and 11 vacancies for Hard of Hearing.
- In IES 2019 vacancies reservation provision is available for privileged categories like SC, ST and OBC is
How to apply for engineering Service Exam?
The Candidates have to visit the UPSC official website for filling the online engineering service exam application form, Click on ‘Engineering service (Preliminary) Exam online application’.
The Detailed IES online application procedure:
- There are two part of ESE online registration: Part I registration and Part II registration, first click for ‘Part I registration’.
- Please carefully read the detailed Instructions for filling the Engineering Service online application given by UPSC
- Register to ESE with your basic details like Name, parent’s name, community, qualification, mobile number, address and valid email ID
- If clamming for age relaxation in IES age limit select the appropriate option
- A photo Identity proof must be provided like Andhra card, Driving license, Voter ID, Passport, PAN card or A photo ID issued by central/state Government. Select the Indian engineering service you are applying for and the IES main exam center.
- A verification page for your filled IES online application details is displayed.
- Review your IES application details carefully, once submitted UPSC will not allow any changes
- A unique 11 digit IES registration ID is generated, please note this number for further interactions in UPSC IES application procedure
- Take the Print out of the filled IES application form for future use
- With your registration ID and date of birth login, Proceed to IES online registration part 2 process
- Select Suitable IES prelims exam center
- Scanned photo and signature should be uploaded for ESE application form
|Lower file Size Limit||20 KB|
|Upper File size limit||300 KB|
|Resolution||350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum
1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum
- After Agreeing to the declaration submit the IES application form. Provision for paying IES exam fee through the SBI net banking is provided, if the fee is paid through cash select ‘Pay by cash’ option for the SBI challan to download. To deposit the ESE application fee, go to the nearest SBI branch and deposit fee by 23.59 hours of 21-10-2018 (One day before the IES application closing day) to complete the application procedure
Click Here to apply online for engineering service examination:
IES exam fee structure:
Engineering service exam Fee structure referring to previous year UPSC notification
|Female/SC/ST/ PH||Exempted from ESE fee payment|
|General, OBC & other categories||Rs.200/-|
Engineering service Prelims Exam centers:
Engineering Service Main Exam Centers: