Human Rights Day
Human Rights Day is followed every year on 10th December. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibility current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams.
- This year, Human Rights Day 2019 falls on 10th December 2019, Tuesday.
What are Human Rights?
Specifically, the key rights and liberty that belong to every person in the world, from birth until death are Human Rights.There are a total of 30 human rights. The top-5 human rights are,
- Right to life and liberty,
- Freedom from slavery and torture,
- Freedom of opinion and expression,
- Right to work,
- Right to education.
Significantly everyone is entitled to these rights, without discrimination.Certainly, human rights gain new meaning when they become a reality in the daily life of every single person in the world. Overall, the core of UNESCO’s mission is in the field of education, science, culture, and communication.
History of Human Rights Day
- In particular, the international human rights day is a celebration to honor the 10th Dec 1948.
- Because of the incidence of the Second World War, the United Nations adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- In particular, Human Rights Day day aims to promote and raise awareness of the two bonds.
- The two bonds are the International Covenant on Economic Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).
Human Rights Day Theme
- Particularly, the Human Rights Day 2018 Theme was ‘Let’s stand up for equality, justice, and human dignity’.
- Whereas, Human Rights Day 2019 theme advocates to stand up for their rights and others – civil, economic, political and cultural rights.
- Furthermore, the day aims to enlighten people about how our rights are the foundation of sustainable development and peaceful societies.
Celebration of Human Rights Day
- In particular, human rights day normally marks high-level political conferences and meetings and cultural events dealing with human rights issues.
- Consequently, on 10th December the United Nations awards the Nobel Peace Prize in the Field of Human Rights.
- Besides, special events scheduled on this day, by many governmental and non-governmental organizations to commemorate the day.
In conclusion, Himalai IAS Coaching Centre follows Human Rights Day 2019 as a part of Our India With World Events.