Goa Statehood Day
Goa Statehood Day celebrates on 30th May every year, Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, banking exam and other competitive exams.
Goa celebrates its Statehood Day on 30th May demand on people for full statehood was attained on 30th May 1987, when Goa became India’s 25th state to celebrate the happiness. At that time Daman and Diu were separated from Goa and continue to be administered as a union territory seperately.
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, hailed the developmental projects undertaken by the Centre in the coastal state.
- Earlier Goa was a union territory namely Goa, Daman and Diu for all administrative and governance considerations as famous places.
- Attaining statehood opened several windows of development for the state. Goa governor Mridula Sinha and chief minister Manohar Parrikar wished people on the eve of statehood day yesterday.
- The governor said, Statehood Day is an important milestone in the political history of Goa. She said, the occasion symbolizes the fulfilment of a long-felt need of the people, to be the masters of their own destiny, while marching ahead hand-in-hand with their counterparts in the rest of our great country.
- In his message, Mr Parrikar said that 30th May is a significant milestone in the glorious history of Goa. He added that since 1987, Goa has emerged as a dynamic and progressive state with a high level of socioeconomic development, coupled with adequate infrastructural development in varied sectors. Mr Parrikar appealed to people to strive to reach new heights of progress.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has greeted the people on the occasion of Goa’s statehood day. In a tweet, he expressed hope that Goa will scale new heights of development in the coming years.
- Modi also said the state has witnessed development in the social sector due to various schemes in government sectors.
- The state government is committed towards creating employment in the information technology and industrial sectors.
- The Goa Statehood Day theme promotion chief minister said that “We intend to continue the pace of development witnessed by the state in the last 31 years, for which we would require the cooperation of people, which is very important” also he added in that.
- The Goa Statehood Day theme of the country’s smallest state attained statehood on May 30, 1987 changing its earlier status as the Union Territory along with Daman and Diu.
The Goa Statehood Day celebration Dhavalikar, a senior minister, is part of a three-member Cabinet Advisory Committee (CAC) that was formed to run the government in Parrikar’s absence witness.