Recruitment by Defense Research & Development Organization for the post of Senior Technical Assistant ‘B’
Defense Research and development Organization (DRDO) has released an official notification for the recruitment of senior Technical assistant. DRDO is an organization is responsible for Military Research and Development in India. There are about 60 laboratories/ infrastructure in all over India. The recruitment procedure is done by DRDO through a competitive examination. The recruited candidate will be in probationary period and can be posted anywhere in India.
|Starting Date for online application & Fee payment||04.08.2018|
|Last date for online application & Fee Payment||29.08.2018|
|Admission card (Hall ticket) Download||2 weeks prior to examination|
|Tire 1 Examination day||To be Announced|
No. of Vacancies
There are 494 vacancies in various posts and according to category is as follows
For subject wise and state wise vacancy refer the official notification.
The eligibility criteria for taking the exam is as follows
Must be a citizen of India
- Age Limit–
Minimum age for attempt for exam is 18 years and maximum age limit is 28 years.
Age relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD, ESM, Central Govt. Civilian Employees, Ex- service men, Military service (ECOs/SSCOs), domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir state during the period from 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989 are give as per the rule of Government of India
Bachelor’s degree in science (B.Sc) or Three years Diploma in engineering or technology in the specific subject required. Higher qualified candidates with B.E, B.tech, M.tech, Ph.D etc.., are not eligible for these posts.
For detailed subject list for qualification and eligibility criteria refer the official notification
The recruited candidates will get a pay level of 6 that is Rs 50,000 per month inclusive of other allowances.
There will be two stages in exam and the pattern is as follows:
|Tire||Subject||No. of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
General intelligence & Reasoning ability, General awareness,
English language (basic knowledge), General science
|2||Test specific to subject||100||100||90|
- The exams will be Computer Based Test.
- All questions will be MCQs/objective Type.
- Tire 1 is qualifying, so minimum of 40% (for GM and OBC) and 35% (For SC/ST) must be scored.
- The shortlisted candidates of Tire 1 are eligible for Tire 2 examination.
- Tire 2 is the provisional test and candidates are selected based on the merit.
- Candidates are required to pay a Fee of Rs 100/- through online methods only.
- Once Paid the Fee is not Refundable.
- Women SC/ST/PWD/ESM candidates are exempted of Application Fee
How to Apply-
- All eligible candidates must fill an application form at the official website.
- A candidate must first register with basic details.
- Scanned copy of age proof, Graduation certificates, identity proof, Recent Photograph, signature, left hand thumb print and other proof like caste and age relaxation certificates are required
Exam centers for tire 1 examination