Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to connect an online portal “ENSURE” is been launched
To connect with DBT online portal has been launched, it will provide a very simple, useful and transparent system to the beneficiary. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, banking exam.
Shri Radha Mohan Singh the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare launched a portal ENSURE- National Livestock Mission-EDEG developed by NABARD and operated under the Department of Dairying & Fisheries, Animal Husbandry.
• He also informed that by Modi government the National Livestock Mission has been conceived for the sustainable development of the livestock sector. Under the Mission’s component called Entrepreneurship Development and Employment Generation (EDEG), subsidy payment for activities related to small ruminants, pigs, poultry etc. through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) goes directly to the beneficiary’s account through online.
• The NABARD has developed an online portal “ENSURE” in order to make it better, simpler and transparent so that the information related to beneficiary and processing of application can be made readily available.
• Shri Radha Mohan Singh added that under the new process, controlling officer/branch manager of the bank, sanctioning of proposal & after scrutinizing uploads the subsidy claims in the portal.
• The subsidy will be approved within 30 days from the date of sanction of loan subsidy took a long time to reach the beneficiary’s account. Through this online process, the flow of information/funds will also be quicker and more accountable.
• After the launch of the portal the burden of extra interest due to delay in the disbursal of the subsidy has been reduced. Access from the portal will also be on real-time basis and list of beneficiaries can be easily prepared.