The Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment of candidates for the Assistant Commandants post (Group A) in the Central Armed Police.
The Central Police Organization comprises of various forces as given below and the candidates would be recruited in any of the below given police organization.
|Sl No.||Police Organization||Short Form|
|1.||Central Police Forces||CPF|
|2.||Border Security Force||BSF|
|3.||Central Reserve Police Force||CRPF|
|4.||Central Industrial Security Force||CISF|
|5.||Indo-Tibetan Border Police||ITBP|
|6.||Sashastra Seema Bal||SSB|
The recruitment of candidates for the CAPF (AC) is based on the Written Exam, Physical Standards/Physical Efficient Tests and Medical Standards Tests, and interview/personality test.
Read through to know the CAPF Exam Pattern in detail.
Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination Scheme/Plan
The scheme of CAPF (AC) Examination is as follows.
Paper I- General Ability and Intelligence: 250 marks
The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answer) types and the questions are set in English as well as Hindi.
Paper II – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension: 200 marks
The Paper II consists question on Precis Writing, Comprehension and Essay. Candidates can opt to write Essay part of this paper in English or Hindi while the other parts of the paper like the Precis Writing, Comprehension Components, and other communications/language skills should be answered only in English.
- Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Paper.
- Candidates should ensure that they write the answers in the medium allowed by the Commission particularly for paper II.
- No marks will be awarded for answers written in a medium other than the one allowed in the paper which is either English or Hindi.
- In the Attendance Lists, candidates should indicate the language they will be writing the Essay Component of the Paper II.
- If candidates write the essay component of the paper II in any different language other than mentioned in the Attendance Lists in such case, candidates will not be awarded any marks.
Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/Physical Efficient Tests and Medical Standards Tests. Candidates who meet the mentioned Physical Standards will be allowed to take the Physical Efficiency Tests as indicated below.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
|Sl No.||Physical Test||Males||Female|
|a.||100 Meters race||In 16 secs||In 18 secs|
|b.||800 Meters race||In 3 mns 45 sec||In 4 mns 45 sec|
|c.||Long Jump||3.5 meters (3 Chances given)||3.0 meters (3 Chances given)|
|d.||Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 Meters|
- Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualification and pregnant candidates will be rejected.
- The Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests will be conducted at various centers (will be notified to candidates after the results of the written examination) under the supervision of a Nodal Authority who is appointed by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Any requests or appeals by the candidates will be entertained only against the Medical Standard Tests and the appeal should be made to the Appellate Authority who is designated by the Ministry of Home Affairs. The appeal should be made within a period of 15 days from the date of declaration of the results of the PET and Medical Standards Tests.
Interview /Personality Test – 150 Marks
Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Test will be called for the Interview/Personality Test which will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Candidates allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” after appealing the Appellate Authority are also called for the Interview/Personality Test for the time being.
The final rank or merit list will be drawn based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
Important Dates: CAPF Examination
|1.||Issue of notification & application form||April|
|2.||Last Date to fill application form||May|
|3.||Date of the CAPF (AC) Exam||July|
|4.||Announcement of result||September|
|5.||Interviews/ Personality test||November|