Highlights of Cabinet Meeting
- In the recent cabinet meeting, the government has approved the Gaganyaan Programme.
- Gaganyaan Programme is an initiative to demonstrate the Indian Human spaceflight capabilities in low earth orbit.
- The mission duration is set to range from one orbital period to a maximum of seven days.
- The experts have estimated that the cost for technological development, and other essentials will be within 10,000 crore rupees
- For the Gaganyaan Programme, GSLV Mk-lll will carry the orbital module which has the provision to accommodate 3 crew members.
- The government has decided to undertake two unmanned flights and one manned flight for the mission.
National Commission for Indian System of Medicine Bill
- Cabinet has approved to create a National Commission for Indian System of Medicine Bill, 2018.
- This Nation commission will replace the existing regulator Central Council for Indian Medicine to increase the transparency in functioning.
- The draft of the National commission bill entrusts four autonomous boards for conducting the overall education of Ayurveda under the board of Ayurveda and Unani, Siddha and Sowarigpa.
- This also includes a proposal for conducting a common entrance and exit exam. Through the exams all the graduates can obtain their practicing licenses.
National Commission for Homoeopathy Bill
- Cabinet also aims at establishing a National Commission for Homoeopathy Bill, 2018. It will replace the existing regulator Central Council for Homoeopathy.
- This initiative is to ensure more transparency in the system.
- The draft of the national commission for Homoeopathy Bill entrusts three autonomous boards for conducting the overall education of homeopathy by Homeopathy Education Board.
POSCO ACT amendment
- The cabinet also amended the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO). It will make the punishment more severe for the sexual assault crime against children.
Coastal Regulation Zone Notification 2018
- Cabinet also gave a nod for Coastal Regulation Zone Notification 2018. It aims at increasing the coastal activities and promote economic growth.