- PM Shri Narendra Modi will launch DD Arunprabha, a dedicated 24×7 DD satellite channel for Arunachal Pradesh and lay the foundation stone of a permanent campus of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) at Arunachal Pradesh on 9.2.2019.
- DD Arunprabha, set to become the 24th satellite channel operated by Doordarshan, will be launched by the Prime Minister at IG Park, Itanagar. he project, to be constructed at around 20 km from Itanagar, has been approved for construction at a total estimated cost of Rs. 204.32 crore. To be executed by CPWD, it is expected that the project will be completed in 25 months’ time.
National Workshop on Street Vendors inaugurated by Hardeep S Puri
- Shri Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State (I/C) for Housing & Urban Affairs has informed that most of the States have formulated and notified their respective rules and schemes under the Street Vendors Act.
- He was addressing a National Workshop on Street Vendors organised by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs,The Housing & Urban Development Ministers from several states and stakeholders from several organisations were present on the occasion.
Ranking of Hospitals
- Govt has not led any study for ranking of Hospitals in the nation. Be that as it may, there is one IT based ‘Mera Aspataal application’ to gather patients’ feedback about their experiences in general health facilities including AIIMS Delhi.
- As per patient feedback results analyzed in Mera Aspataal Application in December 2018, AIIMS Delhi is ranked 14th among 22 Central Govt. of Hospitals integrated with Mera Aspataal application in the country.
Committed to eliminate tuberculosis by 2025
- Govt of India has committed to ending TB by 2025.In India, rate of decline in TB incidence rate was 3.3% between 2016 and 2017. The National Strategic Plan 2017-25 for TB elimination by 2025 was developed in 2017 and included various interventions through multi-stakeholder engagement to reduce the burden of TB.
- The Government is focusing on identifying additional cases among family contacts of people whose sputum samples have tested positive. the current guidelines preventive treatment is offered to those eligible below 6 years of age and immune compromised individuals like person living with HIV.
India to host 13th COP of the Convention on the CMS of wild animals
- The 13th Conference of Parties of the Convention on the conservation of migratory species of wild animals, is going to be hosted by India during 15th to 22nd February, 2020 at Gandhinagar in Gujarat. India has been a Party to the CMS since 1983. The COP is the decision-making organ of this convention.
- India has also signed non legally binding MOU with CMS on the conservation and management of Siberian Cranes (1998), Marine Turtles (2007), Dugongs (2008) and Raptors (2016).
INS Trikand participates in exercise Cutlass Express 2019
- INS Trikand, a front-line warship of the Indian Navy, participated in a multinational training exercise ‘CUTLASS EXPRESS – 19’ held from 27 Jan to 06 Feb 19. The aim of the exercise was to improve law enforcement capacity, promote regional security and progress inter-operability between the armed forces.
- The exercise was conducted in two phases. The first, called the Command Post Exercise (CPX) was conducted from 27 Jan to 02 Feb 19. The second phase called the Final Training Exercise (FTX) was conducted from 03 – 05 Feb 19.
Successful Flight Test of SFDR
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested the second indigenously developed ‘Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR)’ propulsion based missile system from ITR, Chandipur, Odisha.
- SFDR propulsion technology is a significant milestone and will pave the way for development of long range air-to-air missiles in the country. Raksha Mantri Smt Nirmala Sitharaman congratulated DRDO and associated team members for the stupendous mission.
Health Ministry conducts 8th round of National Deworming Day campaign
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) conducted its eighth round of National Deworming Day (NDD) from today.
- As per WHO, 64% of the Indian population less than 14 years are at risk of STH infections.the NDD program in this round, targets to reach 24.44 crore children and adolescents in 30 states/UTs, in the age group of 1-19 years. The success of the NDD program has incrementally increased with each round as the coverage has increased from 8.9 crores in Feb 2015