GSAT-31 launched India’s communication satellite successfully from French Guiana
- India’s most recent correspondence satellite, GSAT-31 was effectively launched from the Spaceport in French Guiana amid the early hours today.
- After a 42-min flight, GSAT-31 isolated from the Ariane 5 upper stage in a curved Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit with a perigee of 250 km and an apogee of 35,850 km, slanted at an edge of 3.0 degree to the equator.
- GSAT-31 will increase the Ku-band transponder limit in Geostationary Orbit. The satellite will give congruity to operational administrations on a portion of the in-circle satellites
- Sivan likewise commented that “GSAT-31 will give DTH Television Services, network to VSATs for ATM, Stock-trade, Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) and e-administration applications.”
- After detachment from Ariane-5 upper stage, the two sun oriented varieties of GSAT-31 were naturally conveyed with hardly a pause in between and ISRO’s Master Control Facility at Hassan in Karnataka.
- In future, researchers will embrace stage shrewd circle raising moves to put the satellite in Geostationary Orbit utilizing its on-board impetus framework.
- Amid the last phases of its circle raising tasks, the radio wire reflector of GSAT-31 will be sent. Following this, the satellite will be placed in its last orbital setup.
Dr Jitendra Singh delivers keynote address at ‘Parmanu Tech 2019’
- The Union Minister of State Development of North Eastern Region Dr Jitendra Singh conveyed the keynote address at the ‘Parmanu Tech 2019’ meeting, sorted out by the Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)..
- Dr Jitendra Singh said that India has covered a long journey since inception of Atomic Energy programme by Dr Homi Bhabha based on the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
- Dr Jitendra Singh said that one of the biggest achievements of the Government led by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, during the last five years is that the nuclear energy plants have moved to other parts of the country also including Gorakhpur in Haryana.
- The Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy, Shri K. N. Vyas said that the conference aims at showcasing the societal applications that DAE is pursuing.
- During the conference sector specific sessions were held with Panel discussions on the following topics:
i). Health care.
ii). Food Preservation, Agricultural & Industrial Applications.
iii). Showcasing India’s capabilities in Nuclear Energy.
- The senior officers of the DAE and foreign diplomats were also present on the occasion.
Clusters Identified for Promotion of Agri Exports
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry is making all out efforts to implement the first ever Agriculture Export Policy announced in December, 2018.
- In Maharashtra, six clusters have been identified for grapes, mango, pomegranate, banana, oranges and onion. For successful implementation, FPO’s and co-operatives should be linked with the farmers and exporters.
- Many countries in the Middle East region are ready to invest in facilities like cold chain and warehousing in India for import of agro and processed food products by them.
- The primary point of the arrangement is to achieve ranchers at grass-root level and twofold their income for accomplishing the general goal of the approach.
- In India, agriculture and horticulture production is around 600 million tonnes per year.About 30% of fresh horticulture produce goes waste and there is anurgent need to strengthen the supply chain to avoid the losses.
- The agriculture sector should be seen as an industry and all the stakeholders must work together for bringing the success of agriculture industry
- As part of the Policy,shrimps, meat, basmati & non-basmati rice, grapes, bananas, pomegranate, vegetables including potatoes, processed organic food have been identified as potential winning sectors
- Emphasis has been given on processing and value addition in the policy through workshops synergy amongst all relevant stakeholders is expected to provide necessary boost in achieving higher exports of India’s high qualityagri products.
President of India Presents Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards 2017
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for the year 2017 at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on February 06, 2019.
Shri Shripad Naik :12500 health and wellness centres need to be identified across the country for rendering AYUSH services.
- The fourth Conference of AYUSH/Health Ministers of States/UTs was introduced by the Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge) Shri Shripad Yesso Naik in New Delhi 6th feb 2019.
- Addressing all the representatives from State Government Shri Naik said that 12500 health and wellness centres need to be identified across the country for rendering AYUSH services to the people at grass-root level with special reference to preventive health care.
- The AYUSH Minister further said that Research Councils under Ministry of AYUSH are conducting National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke (NPCDCS) in states.
- CCRAS is conducting NPCDCS programme in three states, namely Surendra nagar Distt., Gujarat; Bhilwara Distt., Rajasthan and in Gaya, Bihar. Similarly, CCRH is implementing the programme in Darjeeling District in West Bengal and Krishna District in Andhra Pradesh. The results are encouraging and would be scaled up.
- State health authorities pointed out their problems in implementation of various programmes and schemes of AYUSH and concerned officers of Ministry of AYUSH addressed their issues.
- The conference also reviewed the progress made by the States and UTs in the implementation of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of the National AYUSH Mission (NAM).
An overview regarding the AYUSHMAN Bharat, a flagship initiative of the Government of India to extend healthcare facilities to the people at the grass root level was shared in the conference. It was also apprised that recently the Ministry of AYUSH has been given the responsibility to run 12, 500 health and wellness centres across the country and contribute the preventive health aspects by virtue of AYUSH philosophy in all the health and wellness centres.