3400+ Test Centers Across India for Higher Education
Free Government Test Practice Centers for Higher education entrance examination
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar inaugurated a network of 3400 test centers across 622 districts in 33 states/ Union territories for higher education entrance examinations, it is for students to practice for exams on weekends.
- Minister of HRD stated that “government is committed to provide quality education with equity”
- Through google hangouts, 25 Test Practice Centers participated in the inauguration event held in Delhi and Shri R. Subrahmanyam (Secretary, Higher Education) and Shri Vineet Joshi (DG, NTA) joined the video conference
- The purpose of test centers is to facilitate students who lack resources like computers and smart phone to get familiarized with changes in mode and exam pattern, so no students should feel difficulty while attempting the examination
- To make the exams transparent, leak proof, scientific, student friendly and fast, JEE (Mains) and UGC NET exams patterns have been changed and Computer based test (CBT) is implemented.
- For JEE preparation SWAYAM Platform is created where students can assesses IIT PAL, which professor assisted video lectures
National Testing Agency
- ‘National Testing Agency’ is a chief testing Organization established by ministry of Human resource and development.
- NTA conducts JEE (Main), NEET (UG), UGC-NET, CMAT and GPAT examinations.
- NTA is responsible for establishing the network of Test Practice Centers and also have launched a practice app for students to practice on their own personal computers and smart phones.
- The Test centers include including 689 Kendriya Vidyalayas and 403 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- Till now online test from NTA website is taken by more than 55,000 candidates, and 32,000 have downloaded mock test for offline practice
- 10,000 students have downloaded the NTA student app, which can also be used for test practice
TPC allotment procedure
- TPC use is free of cost for all the students, to get the slot allotment students have to register at NTA website (https://www.nta.ac.in) or through the ‘NTA student app’
- Valid mobile number, personal details, contact details, academic and exam details are need for registration.
- After registration a students can choose the TPC of their choice which is convenient to commute
- Prior a day the students are reminded about their allotment through SMS
- At TPC students can practice mock tests and get experience of logging process, navigation of question, reviewing, editing, and submitting as they do in the real exam
TPC Trail Run
- 8th& 9thSeptember 2018: 2,452 candidates practiced at 96 TPCs
- 15thSeptember: About 2,000 candidates were scheduled at 87 TPCs
- 16thSeptember: About 3,000 candidates were scheduled at 85 TPCs
Expected Schedule of TPCs
Saturday: 02:30 PM – 05:30 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM – 02:00 PM, 02:30 PM – 05:30 PM
State wise number of TPCs and computers available
No. of TPC
No. of Districts
No. of computers
|2||Andaman & Nicobar Island||8||2||230|
|13||Jammu & Kashmir||47||16||2296|