PIB (31/12/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
DGCA launches Phase-1 services of e-GCA
- Shri Pradeep Singh Kharola, Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation, launch Phase-1 services of the e-Governance (eGCA) project of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- Further, the issue of Commercial Pilot License (CPL-A) with Flight Radio Telephony Operators License (FRTOL) and Instrument Rating is automated.
- Besides the issue of CPL-A, Class 1 renewal Medical Assessment to the aspirant pilots commence though eGCA.
General Bipin Rawat is Chief of Defence Staff
- Government decides to appoint General Bipin Rawat, as the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).
- General Bipin Rawat was the Indian Army in December 1978 and is currently serving as Chief of the Army Staff.
- The officer decorates PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM and ADC to the Supreme Commander.