UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Contract Signing with M/S CSL and M/S GRSE for ASW SWC for Indian Navy
- Contracts for Sixteen ASW SWC ships have been signed for construction of eight ships each from M/s CSL, Kochi and GRSE, Kolkata respectively.
- In view of India’s vast coastline of 7516.6 kilometer with 12 Major ports, 184 minor ports and 1197 Island territories, coastal surveillance for ASW operations is considered critical.
Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2011-12=100) March, 2019
- The synopsis of the Index of Eight Core Industries (base: 2011-12) is given at the Annexure.
- The Eight Core Industries involve 40.27 percent of the heaviness of things incorporated into the Index of Industrial Production (IIP). (Read more…)
Electoral Bond Scheme 2018 Sale of Electoral Bonds at Authorized Branches of SBI
- The Government of India has notified the Electoral Bond Scheme 2018 vide Gazette Notification No. 20 dated 02ndJanuary 2018.
- A individual being an individual can purchase Electoral Bonds, either separately or together with different people.
Workshop on “Space Warfare and Technology” by Directorate of Indian Defence University
- Directorate of Indian Defence University (IDU) is organizing a two day workshop on “Space Warfare and Technology” for senior and middle level officers from the three Services on 02-03 May 19 at the Purple Bay, India Gate Circle, New Delhi.
All modules getting ready for Chandrayaan-2 launch during the window of July 09 to July 16, 2019
- Chandrayaan-2, India’s second lunar mission, has three modules specifically Orbiter, Lander (Vikram) and Rover (Pragyan).
- The Orbiter and Lander modules will be interfaced precisely and stacked together as a coordinated module and suited inside the GSLV MK-III dispatch vehicle. (Read more…)
Water Storage of 91 Major Reservoirs of the Country Goes Down by One Percent
- The water stockpiling accessible in 91 noteworthy supplies of the nation for the week finishing on May 02, 2019 was 40.592 BCM, which is 25% of all out capacity limit of these repositories.
- This percentage was at 26 for the week ending on April 25, 2019.
Government and IIT-Delhi to set up a Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies
- To commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the Office of the PSA to the Government of India and IIT Delhi have come together to bring the best of science and technology to implement waste management in India.
- Principal Scientific Advisor to the Govt of India, Prof K. Vijay Raghavan and Director, IIT Delhi, Prof V. Ramgopal Rao signed a Memorandum of Understanding today in New Delhi for setting up a Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies for implementation of sustainable, scientific and technological solutions for waste management, through validation and deployment of available technologies for transformation of waste to wealth. (Read more…)
VP calls for a public transport-centric approach to combat growing vehicular pollution
- The Vice President Shri M Venkaiah Naidu has called for adopting a public transport-centric approach to decongest traffic-choked cities and combat growing vehicular pollution.
- Pointing out that urban transport was leading to growing air and noise pollution.
Water Related Issues should Now Become Our Priority- U.P. Singh
- Shri U.P. Singh, Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation expressed concern that inspite of reports of water crisis in many parts of the country, water related issues have not got adequate space in our conversations and our concerns in society as whole.
Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian is new Member of Finance Commission’s Advisory Council.
- The Chief Economic Advisor, Government of India, Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian had been included as Member of the Advisory Council of the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
- To advise the Commission n any issue or subject related to the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Commission, which may be of relevance. (Read more…)
Cabinet Secretary weights on restoration of power and telecom services in FANI Cycloneaffected areas of Odisha at the NCMC meeting
- NCMC under the Cabinet Secretary Sh. P. K. Sinha today looked into help measures in thecyclone FANI influenced territories of Odisha, West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh with the States and Central Ministries/Agencies concerned.
- Odisha educated that power and media transmission offices are step by step being reestablished in the Cyclone influenced zones of the state. Real harms to the Power transmission and dissemination frameworks are accounted for in Bhubaneswar and Puri.
Leader of India pays flower tributes to Giani Zail Singh on his introduction to the world commemoration
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, paid flower tributes to Giani Zail Singh, previous President of India, on his introduction to the world commemoration at Rashtrapati Bhavan today (May 5, 2019).
- The President, relatives of Giani Zail Singh just as officers and staff of the President’s Secretariat paid regards before his representation. (Read more…)
Launch of Fourth Scorpene Class Submarine – VELA
- Vela, the fourth Scorpene class submarine being constructed by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited for the Indian Navy, was launched , on 06 May 2019.
- VAdm AK Saxena, CWP&A was also present during the launching ceremony. This occasion reaffirms the means taken by MDL in the progressing ‘Make In India’ program, which is by and large effectively actualized by the Department of MoD.
15th Finance Commission to hold meetings with RBI and Banks & Financial Institutions and Eminent Economists.
The 15th Finance Commission has scheduled a two-days visit to Mumbai to hold meetings with the RBI and with the Banks and Financial Institutions on 8th and 9th May, 2019.
In the meeting with the RBI, headed by Governor Shri Shaktikanta Das, the Commission is likely to discuss the following issues:-